on 12 June 2008
This map looks and feels top quality. A quick check of the small places I know seems they haven't forgotten the detail.

This map would be ideal for touring on the road (what I will use it for eventually) but not so useful for planning as it is split across back/front for north and south India. I know India is a big place, but for planning a 6 month trip it's not so great to be flipping the map back and forth - plus, you can't stick it to a wall for an overall view.

BUT - on the road this will be great.

Quality is brilliant and the price is fantastic.
on 2 June 2008
This is an excellent map showing full details of roads,Airports & Train stations plus main points of interest. The inks & dyes used inhance its ability to be read by street light.
The information is easy to read, combined with It being printed on waterproof and rip-proof Polyart(tm) paper. An essential if you want to make notes on your map & dont want to worry too much about getting it wet or ripping it.
Top Product
on 29 April 2009
Actually a bit disappointed with this. I bought several maps for my trip to India and this was perhaps the least used. Yes it has main detail but the scale is perhaps a bit on the small side needing magnification to see if your eye sight is not too great (like mine perhaps). I found the other maps I bought had additional main city information on India and was easier to read along with some useful information about shopping/places of interest etc. It says it's a weatherproof map but I did not actually test it. Some of the other maps I had were laminated whereas this was not so perhaps I had my expectations of receiving something similar.
on 28 September 2008
This map travelled around southern india with and was my best friend!!

It's very accurate, lightweight, waterproof and easy to read (not so easy to fold, but I've not yet met a map that is!)
on 2 December 2012
I love this map - it's very precise and it's made in a truly strong material. If you're going to buy a map of India, buy this one - Highly recommended!
on 1 December 2015
I used this throughout my three month trip to India and found it very useful for getting my bearings. Good colour and easy to read.
on 3 May 2009
another great product from the rough guide team, if you need a map of india this is the one to use