on 27 October 2001
I would reccomend this book to both Tupac fans and critics alike. It portrays with searing honesty the man behind the music, revealing Tupac's innermost thoughts and feelings. The poems are incredibly touching and thought-provoking, and the inclusion of the handwritten copies is a nice touch. Every single poem in this collection managed to inspire me and helped me to appreciate another side to Tupac other than the "Gangsta Rappa" he was famed for being. Please read this book - I guarantee you will be able to relate to it.
on 20 March 2017
I'm not a lover of Rap music, but this book of Tupacs lyrics and poetry is sublime..wrote from the heart, full of passion, love anger and frustration..this is the 2nd copy I've bought as I gave the other away to a friend..I love this book, hope anyone reading this review thinks so too
on 28 May 2017
An interesting read. Some clever poems in this book
on 23 September 2016
A must read book whether you're a fan of Poetry/Hip-Hop or not.
on 15 May 2017
Lovely book of poetry
on 22 April 2017
Poetry at its best.
on 27 March 2013
My 16 year old son is into rap. Obviously as a 53 mother I would never have had any experience of popular music, formed any worthwhile opinions of my own, heard any extraordinary music, have any taste in music and of course would not understand the music that a teenager of today would listen.
Despite my obvious handicaps l I did a about 2 minutes of research and bought this as a stocking filler for my son for Christmas.
He really liked it. I think the word 'awesome' was used. I appear to have been promoted and am now worthy of being subjected to numerous monologues on the various merits and otherwise of 'leading' rappers. I nod and tut and at all the appropriates gaps in speech. For Mothers Day I was awarded a JayZ and somebody else CD.
I think we can say we're all happy. :-)
on 20 July 2000
this book contains his poetry which he wrote at about the age of 19. His poems touch my heart and made it easier to unstand what type of life he lead. His poems talk about leading a hard life and waiting for something to change it. This came true. If you enjoy deep poetry this is a good book.
on 13 July 2003
I am a Very Big fan of Tupac, I never read a Book like this Before, I felt the words that Pac wrote deep in my heart, He Talks about the hard side of life, about love, Freedom....
Very Recomended Book for everyone , not necessary 4 a tupac`s fan.
Highly Recomended
on 10 May 2012
nice to see the poems that were written purely from the heart of tupac and in his own writing. every poem has a great message and shows his intelligence. great book