- Audio Download
- Listening Length: 3 hours and 4 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Abridged
- Publisher: Hachette Audio
- Audible.co.uk Release Date: 16 Dec. 1999
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002SPX0PM
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Quiet Room Audiobook – Abridged
|New from||Used from|
Audio Download, Abridged
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
It provides an insight into the world of schizophrenia and how terrifying it must be; how bewildering that world is; the effects of the medication on Lori, amongst others, the dreadful weight gain and how this also affects her self-esteem.
I also thought the parts written by her family and friends also touching. How they felt and how they coped, but also you wonder what was not said as was too painful.
I would recommend it to all, not just those who have lived experience or mental health professionals and students, but everybody. It should be compulsory reading for all to help us begin to understand.
For me, it was also interesting to get a picture of the psychiatric process, and some procedures and terminology which is used.
The story is told in very frank terms, and it feels to me that I now have a genuine insight into how it can be to be schizophrenic. Finally, it is also good for people with little knowledge about mental health to realise that it is not all 'the parent's fault', and that sometimes there are genetic factors at play. In this case, nature overrides nurture.. and that is important to appreciate.
Great book - absolutely love it! Constantly gripping...
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Women
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z