Customer reviews

on 12 June 2016
This book was a very enjoyable read with moments of laughter and of tears. The author has written the book from her vast experience of infertility and IVF treatment and it allows the reader to empathise with her plight. I read the book within 2 days as it had short diary-like sections and was written in an informal chatty manner. You are able to compare your own experiences with the authors and don't feel like she is telling you the right/wrong way of doing things; she merely shares her experiences. I would recommend this book to anyone who is living with infertility, at whatever stage of the journey you are on.
on 6 June 2016
This is a great book.Honest and straightforward.It didn't add pressure or anxiety to me while reading it and I recommend it as a nice litterature book dealing with a very delicate subject with humor and realism.I haven't finished it yet, but I am not in a hurry, because I will miss reading it :)
on 17 March 2014
This is one of the most honest pieces of writing I have read. I believe that the feelings of isolation Jessica Hepburn describes are ones that many of us have experienced at some point in our lives, for one reason or another. In this respect, some of the ideas in the book are universal ones.
This book is not just about the pursuit of motherhood, but also about womanhood. Hepburn's is a voice, brave enough to speak out about the difficult topic of infertility, which is too often brushed aside or left unacknowledged.
I really hope this book's appeal will be widespread as it's a great piece of writing regardless of your own position in relation to the 'pursuit of motherhood'.
on 2 July 2017
I could not put this down and read it in a day, desperate to get to the happy ending. A brutally honest and, at times, sad account of the reality of the pursuit of motherhood. A worthwhile read for anyone on that journey.
on 29 June 2016
First time I read a book within 2 days. I couldn't stop reading it, it was like having a friend telling me her story... very inspiring author
on 4 December 2015
Could not put this book down. An incredible read by an incredible woman. Whether you are trying for children, have stopped trying or are lucky enough to have children of your own, you can't help but to be moved by this frank, open and honest story.
on 28 April 2014
I am really pleased I have bought this book. There is nothing like reading about someone who really gets it. Jessica understands because she has been there and puts it across so well and makes you laugh as well.
on 8 April 2017
An interesting and brutally honest account of what it feels like to undergo repeated rounds of ivf. Worth a read if you are going through the process yourself .
on 17 April 2016
Wow...I couldn't put Jessica's book down, what a moving story of hope, struggle and perseverance. It's the single best thing I've read about trying to conceive in my 5+ years journey. As a woman suffering from unexplained infertility, though to nowhere near the same extremes I could relate to almost every part of her journey. The number of times I nodded in agreement or chuckled with irony at a recognised feeling or statement. I tried for over two years before conceiving my son in my early/mid 30's. Now we're nearly three years into trying for baby no.2 and currently using fertility treatment. In my late thirties now I see a lot of Jessica's feelings in myself. I'll be moving on to ivf in the autumn if we have no luck before that so thank you Jessica for painting a really realistic picture of the process, which quite frankly I'm finding a daunting prospect to consider. I am certain I will read your book many more times before our family is complete. Thank you for sharing your story, and I so hope that there finally was a happy ending for you.
on 24 August 2015
Heartfelt and emotional. I can feel for the author as I reflect on my own journey. Sometimes it is good to read another's perspective, and whilst no two people are the same these stories help connect a difficult and challenging time.