Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

on 31 May 2016
This is only the second diet book that has revolutionized my approach to food, the first one was the Atkins diet for which I have fond memories ( like going to a Walmart during my lunch break and buying and eating a whole roast chicken!) I find that the approach Doctor Berg has taken to dieting is extremely helpful, aligns with much that is said about understanding the impact of insulin on the body. With the starting point of understanding what your body tells you about your body he explains why each body type has an underlying cause for how and where we put on fat. I went through the Liver Enhancement stage and did find it difficult as I craved some meat or fish - i did end up having one or two rollmops a day, not much but it certainly filled a gap.I will not say how much I have lost on the diet as sometimes people compare themselves ( I know I did). For me the fact that applying the teachings in this book like using acid cider vinegar, kale (i always add spinach too) smoothies makes the whole process easier. However, I do not see this as a diet book per se, for me it is a guide to eating for life book even though for most people it means losing some weight. I fully endorse this book and most importantly, what it teaches works.

I will end with a quote from Dr Berg, it is not obesity that makes you unhealthy, it is because you are unhealthy that makes you obese. Excellent.
on 23 September 2008
I can't help thinking this is the book I have been searching for, for a long time now. Finally a weight loss book that addresses the cause not the symptoms. Its early days yet so I cannot report great weight-loss, but then that is not the expectation in the early days, the issue is to make the body healthy and then it can start to lose weight. But I do like what I am reading, the author has a great sense of humour and I feel he is talking directly to me. And what he is saying makes sense.
on 10 February 2010
I totally agree with Dr. Berg's theory. It makes sense and I have a few friends who followed his programme and had a great increase in energy levels and lost weight. In addition Dr. Berg explains all the definitions of the "Bigger words" that are to do with diet, hormones and the endocrine system. It makes it so much easier to understand the book. I would strongly recommend this book.
on 14 June 2011
Dr Eric Berg is the only Dr who has managed to get me off sugar!!! Its so amazing I feel like I have been searching for answers for so long and know all the answers now.
on 23 August 2013
I really liked reading this book - it hit so many chords with me personally and I found it very helpful and informative in to the body's health.
My husband and I embarked on the programme together. We both had huge improvements in our health, I even noticed my eyesight was better. Husband lost weight on it nicely and did really well with it. I didn't lose very much weight (which I needed to) but my health improvements were great.
I think if I'd perhaps done a little more gentle exercise during it or something I may have lost more weight, but I still think it's a very good book and programme.
on 3 November 2014
As a type 1 diabetic I could not shed a pound in weight. This book has pointed me in the right direction and explained why we should eat/drink to heal ourselves before any fat can be burned. 9lbs lost in two weeks and feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. Dr Berg, I thank you :-)
on 1 May 2013
As a personal trainer, im really into advanced nutrition and metabolic typing.

this book gave a lot of new information, and cleared some misunderstandings in my mind.
I recommended it to all my clients!
on 8 October 2016
I started following Dr Berg's eating plan for a healthy adrenal gland as I suffer from Addison's Disease and Fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis and bronchiectasis. This book helped me greatly to understand how my body works and to control what I fed it! Following the plan resulted in weight loss no other diet had achieved and now I'm 24 lbs lighter and slimmer! My energy levels have returned, I sleep better and no longer have the cravings for foods that caused the weight gain in the first place! Dr Berg is a refreshing read and took me back to school!! Would definitely recommend!!
on 20 August 2010
Very good reference book. It was recommended from an arthritis website for losing weight after steroids, and it seems to be working.
on 11 December 2012
The information contained in Dr Berg's book is in many ways revolutionary in how it looks at body types and prescribes remedies to helping people take control of their lives and weight. Any new concept is always challenging to get to grips with at first because of the changes it requires in getting the mind, the body to deal with things differently, but this book is written in an easy, lucid and clear-cut manner so that the principles discussed are easy to grasp and understand.

The important thing as well is that the principles work and this is a sound foundation which does not rely on calorie counting or many of the old tried and tested methods that fail to shift weight for so many people. I started using Dr Berg's program if it can be called that but really, I just did some of the tips he suggested and was presently surprised at how easily the weight shifted and this was after I had tried to lose weight for a period of time. Dr Berg combines commonsense facts on food and what they do to hormones and other areas in the body to demonstrate conclusively why previous programs will and do not work properly. His guidelines are a life-saver, literally especially for those prone to hypertension, strokes, heart disease, diabetes and other debilitating disease.

I have recommended his principles to family members and friends and I am continuing with his recommendations as I long to get to the desired health and weight that I know is best and right for me.