on 8 January 2009
the-power-of-simple-prayer

Product Description from Amazon:

`If someone asked me, "Joyce, if you could make only one comment about prayer, what would it be?" I would have to respond by talking about its simplicity. It is so much easier than we think.'
Somehow we have convinced ourselves that prayer is dry and difficult; we have invented religious `systems' for prayer that place it out of reach for many of us. But THE POWER OF SIMPLE PRAYER shows us that God desires our prayer lives to be enjoyable and as natural as breathing.
Joyce Meyer's life-transforming new book:
· Answers the most basic questions we are sometimes afraid to ask: what is prayer and how do we do it?
· Offers you the key to a more powerful, effective prayer life
· Helps you decide when it is and when it is not right to pray
· Identifies `Thirteen Hindrances to Answered Prayer'.

I really enjoy Joyce Meyer books and find her a wonderful author. She is truly blessed with Godliness, wisdom and the ability to write well and in a manner that is easy to understand. This book is all about prayer. She teaches about how to pray - from the freedom of it to the power of it; the benefits of prayer for ourselves and others; how to pray with people; the different types of prayer - such as in faith with someone, or intercessory prayer; and also challenges we will face in prayer.

I learnt a lot from this book and will definitely be re-reading to help myself grow and learn in this area. For people for are Christians, for people who are interested in God, and for everyone who has ever sent up a prayer, this is a worthwhile read.

10/10
on 15 October 2009
Fantastic book that anyone can read and relate too. Truly life changing and inspirational, a must even if your a sceptic!
on 8 June 2010
This book was what I was looking for, as a babe Christian, it has enlightened me in many areas of my prayer life, Im happy I have bought it, and I certainly recommend to any other Christians out there who may not be very happy or sure about their prayer lifeThe Power of Simple Prayer: How to Talk with God About Everything
on 29 November 2008
I am a big fan of Joyce Meyer and she has helped me grow closer to God over the years. This book is probably better for beginners in prayer who need a little more confidence and are looking for guidance. For those who are happy with their prayer life then this book would only be useful in affirming what you are doing already.
on 27 April 2009
Excellent book - very easy to read with some brilliant tips. A must read!
on 26 March 2012
An excellent handbook on prayer, with Joyce's own unique style and flavour. Simple enough for a beginner, yet full of refreshing reminders for those who've been on the path a little longer. Inspiring and encouraging; practical and powerful. I recommend this book!
on 5 May 2010
A brilliant practical book about prayer from the ever wise and practical Joyce Meyer. Encouraging stuff.
on 4 November 2011
A wonderful book - and delivered to my iPad in seconds! Another fantastic teaching by such an anointed preacher - in her easy to understand style of writing. I feel so blessed because I KNOW that this teaching will enable me to pray more effectively - I thoroughly recommend this book!
on 27 April 2012
I have been reading this book and have found it very uplifting and encouraging. Whatever you are going through , this book makes you realise that nothing is too difficult to overcome. I highly recommend it , even just as something to read daily.
I have it on my kindle and its now one of my favourite books.
on 12 July 2016
Joyce Meyers books are always so practical and God breathed. For those with a good prayer life or who are just starting or those who wish to have a more intimate relationship with God through prayer this book will certainly help and as always she gives you insight. I know I've learnt that we must not give up we must keep close to God and we do that through prayer it's an amazing mystery which opens up doors in the supernatural. You will most certainly be blessed by this book and it will change your prayer life as it has mine. Enjoy!