Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire

on 6 April 2015
Riane says the same thing over and over and over and over. She should just have said whatever she had to say about the power of partnership in the first relationship and told you to apply it yourself to the other relationships... Not worth the time or effort. The main points could have been stated in a page or two. That's about as long as this book needed to be.
on 23 August 2006
This book has blown my mind away. I thought I was aware of what needs to change in order to put put our world right but Riane Eisler has pushed the boundaries of my awareness one notch higher and what a giant notch it is. She clearly explains how our world can indeed change for the better if we understand the relations of dominator/partnership our politics, economies and cultures are based on and how we can turn things around if we shift our choice to a relation of partnership only. She explains in simple terms why violence against children and women prevent us from experiencing peace the world over. Often painfully honest where my heart ached at what she exposed and explained, Riane also gives a wealth of ideas to put her concepts into practice. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is seriously interested in curing the ills of our world. None of us can change all of it, but all of us can change some things. In fact, it starts with raising our own awareness which we can then share with others. Riane woke me up to a new level of understanding which I am now sharing with people the world over. Please do the same. It is the only way our world is going to reclaim its sanity. It is everyone's duty to take action. Read the book and start the change.
on 8 February 2007
Riane Eisler knows a lot about struggle and growth. She's been a Jewish girl in Nazi Europe, an early advocate for women's equality in America, a world-renowned visionary scholar, and not least, a grandmother. Drawing on her experience, plus that of hundreds of other great souls, she presents the spiritual journey as a process of building and deepening relationships. It's a process of reaching over the boundaries between ourselves and others, and turning fear into partnership at each level of our lives. Eisler describes this journey like an elder telling real stories. First we grow to accept and love ourselves, and then to relate as a full partners in ever widening circles of creation -- to our families, communities, nations, to humanity, the planet, and the ultimate spirit underlying it all.

In comparison with other maps of the human adventure, Eisler's goes far beyond the goal of psychological normalcy. And in describing the higher range of human potential she never imposes sectarian ideas or engages in mystical visions. You cannot tell what religious background she comes from, save that for her the quality of relationships is central. This book does more honor to the social dimension of spirituality than any other I've read. Giving it to a friend would be great.

--author of A Galaxy of Immortal Women: The Yin Side of Chinese Civilization
on 23 April 2014
Lucid , learned and compelling. I want everyone who believes in love, truth and justice to read it and feel this wonderful sense of hope and clear direction that it has engendered in me!
on 7 November 2014
Arrived in good time. Thought provoking and easy read book. Thank you.