on 18 July 2014
I am a long time reader of James Altucher, and when I saw that his latest book was called "The Power of No", I was sceptical that it would contain enough unique content to support an entire book. I am glad to be proved utterly and completely wrong. The book is wonderfully written, covering an exhaustive list of how using "No" can improve our life. The points are brilliantly explained, supported with entertaining stories, and followed up with a list of practical exercises, which show us how to employ these strategies in our lives.

As an aside - James is of course an excellent writer, having honed his craft over a number of years. But the real surprise to me was the quality of his co-author's writing - Claudia Azula Altucher. Claudia's writing (the text indicates whether James or Claudia is writing, or both) is exceptional, and it is amazing that this is only her second book. Her writing is open, honest, funny and insightful, and adds another five stars to an already five star book.
on 22 July 2014
The power of no is an insightful read. It builds upon James's previous book choose yourself and clearly shows how saying no frees us up to when we should say yes. Claudia and James sections blend and work together perfectfully. The stories and examples are varied and interesting as well as incredibly useful. I am excited to practice the exercises in the book and harness the power of no in my life.
on 31 August 2014
I got this as I James's other book "Choose Yourself". I quite enjoyed it, though the other book was better in my opinion. He is quite an interesting character, and I use the word character deliberately. I heard him interviewed in a podcast and couldn't help but love the guy. As a result, until he writes a stinker, I'll keep buying whatever he writes
on 13 October 2014
Your kind act is a negative if you resent doing it out of duty or because you feel you have no other choice (you always have a choice), this books explains how saying No is actually a positive thing. I bought my sister's a copy of this book too, and hope it improves their lives for the better (demanding children, parents and grandkids etc.,)
on 2 March 2016
From the description this wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I thought it would be a book which would encourage and perhaps teach you about how to say 'no' if you find it difficult and techniques of getting more comfortable with it. It was a bit self involved with the authors and their journey, of how saying no lead them to places in life.

If you're looking for something that will help and inspire you with the confidence to say no, I'd recommend 'The Disease to Please'.
on 13 March 2015
I absolutely loved this book. 'No' really is the most important word in our lives. It's funny how in so many ways we think it's a bad word and doesn't serve us anything. A lot of my beliefs were actually changed after reading this book. I would love to get a hard back and keep it with me so I can read it again and again.
on 6 September 2014
Interesting book with a tricky subject tackled by the authors in a variety of ways. The book doesn't seem to move toward a single conclusion, or tie everything discussed together in a memorable way, yet the materials offer some great insights. A good read.
on 19 August 2014
I enjoyed this book so much I got the audio book version too. I love the "duo style" with both Claudia and James chiming in with their personal experiences and points of view as it really gives you a very intimate reading/listening experience that's rare to come by. Don't for a moment think this book is only for wishy-washy, wimpy types who say "Yes" to everything and have no boundaries in place whatsoever. This book is a great way of discovering where you are giving your power away because we all are - But more importantly, they give you real-life tested strategies (has anyone had more life/biz experiences than James?) for taking your personal power back and live more fully as a result. I've already recommended this book to several of my career change clients too, as it's so practical and honest.
on 6 April 2015
I think somewhere in the middle it lost it. Too much personal info which was ok at first but was very tiring as it progressed. Didn't have me motivated and finished it with difficulty. But then again it's just me.
on 15 September 2014
James Altucher's wisdom shines through with another great book, the Power of No.
Thanks James for another gem. I appreciate your weekly blogs too! Just what you need to hear.