Customer reviews

on 13 January 2010
If this is for fairly young children, bear in mind pages are paper/ thin card which pop up and can be grabbed and ripped by small children. I had the hard board version for my son and would recommend that instead.
on 7 February 2009
A great introductory book for babies / toddlers. The pop up features make it a good interactive read. This was a favourite book for my child and so have found it a great gift idea for others.
on 8 March 2009
Bought this book for my daughter for her first birthday. She loves it! She gets really excited when we start reading it. She loves turning the pages and lifting the flaps and likes making the sounds for some of the animals. The repetetive text helps her to anticipate the next step (i.e. lifting the flap or turning the page) and am sure wil help develop her reading skills. Being so young she has been a little rough with some of the pop ups and the frog and the snake's head were both ripped off fairly soon!! Easily stuck back on with double sided sticky tape and working fine again. Would highly recommend but to read with supervision with younger children as don't think it would last very long otherwise!!
Rod Campbell's simple but effective pre-school classic has been published in numerous forms over the past few years: From mini-versions to board books, colouring books to sound versions, this cash cow has been well and truly milked, however this pop-up version is possibly the best, as it gives the animals a whole new dimension - literally!
on 26 February 2009
I bought this book for my 8 month old and although she is a little young for it at the moment (she just wants to eat it), she is already enjoying the anticipation of what is hidden under the flaps. The fact that it is a pop up book just makes it all the more exciting for her. Excellent book.
on 20 July 2011
Fab version of Dear Zoo. As you would expect though the pop ups are a little flimsy, but the book is much loved by our lo and we may need to replace it in the future. Adds a fun dimension to the story and lo enjoys discovering all of the animals. You can't really go wrong with this.
on 7 October 2010
My little girl already had the regular Dear Zoo book, I bought her this as she loves pop-up books. This has quickly become her favourite book and the other Dear Zoo is now gathering dust on the shelf. The popups are really good, although they are a bit flimsy and tear easily.
on 20 March 2010
I bought this book for my daughter, having seen it at my friends house. It is one of the best books that I have bought her so far - the 3D effect makes the book come to life. We have the flap book too and she definately prefers this one.
on 18 January 2013
My little boy's favourite book so I bought him the pop up version. Won't last with little hands but this is a book out of reach until we read it together.
on 8 September 2015