on 26 April 2013
I like the way this book gives a page to each explorer, beginning with ancient explorers and ending with space exploration. It ws great to see a couple of victorian women in this book as they are often neglected. The illustrastions are fun and informative. Would recomend it for Key stage 2 children as the language isnt simple.
on 2 January 2013
We bought this book for our 9 year old granddaughter who had shown an interest in the explorers.
She loved it. There was no too much detail and it was well illustrated and very suitable for her age
group.
on 11 June 2013
I bought this for children to research famous explorers. It is very informative for fluent readers with excellent illustrations and simple picture and caption timelines to provide differentiation.
on 17 January 2014
A super book to help my Y3 child with the term's topic of 'Intrepid Explorers'. I'm sure this will be useful in the future too. Recommended.
on 17 March 2014
Our five year old loves this book! Used alongside an explorers topic at school. It's informative and entertaining, would highly recommend.
on 18 March 2013
I bought this book as part of a polar explorers topic for my year 1 class and found it really usefull.