on 3 April 2017
I like books based in history so chose the first book in the series as an impulse for something different. Not really a trekkie or star wars fan i wasn't sure if i would like the future space theme. How wrong I was, Richard Sanders spins convoluted plots within plots and ties up loose end with a skill that, in my opinion, makes him one of the great storytellers. A superb and compelling series.
on 14 March 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this series of books so far. I would recommend to anyone who likes sci-fi.
on 3 August 2015
Mr Sanders you are a true master. I've read all your books and enjoyed them but the Phoenix series is just brilliant so many characters and so much happening I couldn't stop reading. I'm very much looking forward to Phoenix darkness and I really hope this won't be the end for characters like Calvin Cross etc. I would love to see this adapted for the big screen as I think it would make a fantastic film.
on 18 July 2017
A great, exciting book that is easy to read.
on 28 July 2017
Great series and great book.
on 13 October 2014
Just very disappointed that the next book in the series is still not out.
on 31 July 2014
Mr Sanders just writes the best opera.
on 21 March 2014
I have really enjoyed these stories to date, but this book was not a patch on the previous ones. It is littered with numerous spelling mistakes and grammatical errors - as if it has not been proof read.
The previous books gripped my attention, but here I found it hard to press on to the end. There are many, many pages given over to the thoughts and reminiscing of various characters, which adds nothing to the storyline, which in itself does not progress far.
I was looking forward to reaching the conclusion to this saga, but I'm not sure I can bring myself to spend money on the next book, for fear that it is like this one rather than the previous ones.
on 24 February 2014
I try not to leave negative feedback on books as I admire anyone who has published their work, in fact this is the first time. That said I am so very disappointed with this that I feel compelled. I enjoyed the first three books of this series and was really looking forward to the next instalment, then I read it! (Well half of it so far anyway) It seems like the author has rushed this one out with little thought to developing the plot or characters, more interested in making money by dragging it out. The text seems to repeat what has already happened in previous books a lot. It is very weak and I feel I'm no further forward in the tale, just going round in circles. I will try and persevere as I have never yet not finished a book and I won't let this one beat me, but I won't be buying any more from this author which is a shame.
on 19 December 2013
I did read the previous opus with great pleasure but this one the story do not progress enough (or at all ?). Sound like the purpose of this book is make more money on interest of the previous book of this series.