Customer reviews

My 8 year old loves it!
on 6 June 2017
Great Book
on 6 August 2009
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter to listen to at bedtime and she absolutely adores it. It is one of her favourites. There are two CDs in the case and she asks to listen to the first CD one night and the continuing one the next night. I will also be buying more in this series.

People often comment that my daughter speaks lovely old-fashioned English and I'm sure it comes from listening to CDS like this!
on 23 March 2010
Lovely story, it does miss alot out, I've read the book so I found myself thinking what about....... such and such but it is a beautiful story, get it, it's worth listening to.
on 2 June 2011
my eight year old cannot get enough of e nesbit and she has easily replaced xfm and radio 4 on car journeys. this lot, the famous five and the secret seven. the best parts are when my son comes out with famous five-isms in every day speach.
on 1 August 2008
Great C.D. my Son (aged 7)has listened to it several times ands loves the story! will be buying more from this collection.
on 27 April 2010
We listened to this in the car on a long journey to Cornwall, it really helped pass the time. Lovely story, quite old fashioned but beautifully descriptive writing. We have two girls aged 10 and 11yrs but I think any one would enjoy over the age of 8yrs.
on 17 May 2011
I was pleased with this as it was easy to listen, better than the book
I felt I was really into the story,all the characters seemed so real.
The follow up from five children and it this has to be better.
on 11 April 2013
This is the sequel to 'Five Children And It'.Set in Edwardian London and full of period references to fire the imaginations of young historians, the 5 children have several marvellous and very funny adventures with a magic carpet and an enigmatic Phoenix. Potter fans will see many of Rowling's inspirations. Passes a long car journey in a flash with much mirth.
on 14 May 2013
For some reason this cd did not hold my two daughters attention. They are 8 and 9. I loved the book when I was younger but they did not really take to it. Quality is excellent though and it is a great story.