Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.12

on 11 March 2013
Yes all 3 story's are short and could of been put into 1 book but really does that matter?? a brilliant story by a brilliant Author.

All 3 books had me hooked from start to finish, a brilliant trilogy, would love the Author to add more this series.

This story is based around a supermarket, civilians and 2 army groups 1 that still doing its best in a bad situation and 1 well..... just read and see.
on 27 May 2013
Whenever I buy a book for my kindle, I first check to see how many pages there are, as I am not interested in paying for 60-100 pages, (something that I think anyone could write in just a few days)....HOWEVER...I bought the first in the Peeling Trilogy without seeing how many pages there were, and was completely hooked by about page 3. I went ahead and bought all the books in the Peeling series, (in fact there are 4, not 3) and was completely blown away by the whole idea of a plague that literally strips/erodes the flesh from the victims. The characters were full and colourful and although these books were so short, I never felt that I was being cheated out of any information I may want/need for my enjoyment of the novellas.
I do have another, HOWEVER coming up though - This idea is brilliant...for a series of books, (say about 275 - 350 pages long). The author has an original idea...and trust me, I have read over 140 apocalyptic / zombie / virus / end of the world books to know...and the idea of making the Peeling into several books I believe is a winner - I think the author is selling himself short by sticking with novellas, and therefore selling us as his readers short - Come on Iain - take the plunge and write a whole book on the Peeling - if it doesn't sell well, I will eat my own shorts!!
on 20 February 2013
I don't want Iain to have a huge head but for me everything he has written is brilliant in my opinion, this is the only author bar one other I don't even bother reading the sample and I'd pay whatever to read his work. I look forward to his next book/books.
on 20 July 2013
Really liked the third instalment of The Peeling series. I like the fact that it is a short story and doesn't take too long to read - it makes a change from reading much longer books. I enjoyed the detail, characters and style of writing.
I really like the way that the author writes characters that you care about from the beginning of the story. It really makes a difference as to whether i'm going to enjoy a book or not. Great :-)
on 5 November 2012
This final (according to the author but Im working on that!) episode of this fascinating story.
The focus is on a supermarket takeover, and not by Tesco!
Two sets of army teams fight it out with the "civvies" in the middle. Good vs Evil basically, yet so well done.
Attention to detail as always from this perfectionist author.
Some very attention grabbing defense plays; very apocalyptic in nature... makes for a "fun" read.
Now, the ending... OMG what a way to leave it!! amazing!
I cannot do spoilers... but you wont see this one coming!
on 3 July 2013
For me, this is the best book in the Peeling series so far. Other opinions on that will differ, my boyfriend prefers book two.

In this book we are focussed on a group of soldiers who, still clinging to their humanity and compassion, are trying to help those in need. They run into hostile behaviour and later realise that it is due to the behaviour portrayed by a rogue army unit.

Iain Rob Wright has portrayed how we would react to this kind of epidemic. The hostility throughout the series first aimed at those who were sick and then turning on the healthy has been written brilliantly, the way violence started to sneak into every day life was especially realistic. As humans we fear that which we do not understand and we then have the choice of fight or flight. When everyone is falling apart around you, where do you run to?

This is a concept which is well-known to the world of film and literature and yet Iain has managed to bring it across in a unique and refreshing way. Easily one of the best series of its genre it is entertaining and believable.

Read them all! You can buy these books separately (currently 99p) or as one for £1.53. The first book is currently free if you haven't read any of them and would like a taster. Share your thoughts and ideas and get this book out there! Not to be missed.

Here's a link for the Trilogy; The Peeling Trilogy ebook

8/10 for the full series so far!
on 25 October 2015
The stories are getting better. Most people have lost their minds or their skin but there are still a few good people left. I like the fact that even though during the book I am drawn to a character, I seem to forget about them with the next book, as a new character is introduced. Great stuff so far.
on 3 August 2013
My pride an joy Rob Zombie tattoo that covered my entire lower left leg slid off like a sports support stocking this morning,even though I'm melting quicker than a TipTop in Hell part of me wants to frame it or try and preserve it in someway but cutting it will ruin the design. These books are contagious. DO NOT READ UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!
on 15 October 2014
This excellent novella has me hooked. Good characterisation & an intriguing plot. Looking forward to reading more in the series. Less horror this time but still gripping.
on 25 January 2014
once again a fantastic story well researched and a written the characters in every story are believable I have enjoyed every one and look forward the the next