on 12 May 2009
I bought this book as I collect antique painted furniture. I was hoping for lots of illustrations and images like the rustic European piece illustrated on the cover.

Instead what the book contains is a pile of images, I guess mostly from image libraries (I recognised several images from other books)of painted furniture and rooms. There isn't a great deal of information, and I didn't learn much.

However, that said, it was cheap enough, and the pictures are interesting. And as there isn't really any book available on painted antique furniture, I don't regret my purchase. Just don't have high expectations. It is 'OK' without being amazing.
on 3 April 2008
Just started a furniture painting course in France and needed some books for inspiration this is one of few ive bought and the second by Annie Sloan.
Went for this book as the price wasnt so expensive and the front cover was nice. Its an ok book but doesnt make me go wow . I feel that I have seen all the pictures before. The book is printed in Asia and the quality of the photos and texture of the paper isnt that high , the paper doesnt feels smooth. If you can get past the dull reproduction of the printing then its an ok book
on 24 October 2014