Customer reviews

The Pact: A Love Story
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.49

on 13 May 2017
Chris and Emily - connected from birth, friends throughout childhood and then? Soulmates. This is a story of devotion. Just how far would you go for the one you love? So far that you'd end their misery for them? With them?

The only thing I could not get my head around here was Emily's depression. I found the fact that she begged Chris to help her commit suicide selfish - regardless of their relationship. I just couldn't grasp the fact that Chris would put Emily before anything yet Emily evidently wasn't willing to bear Chris in mind with the whole 'suicide' idea.

Despite that - a fantastic, compelling read.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 May 2017
A beautiful well written story that will definitely pull your heart strings due to the tragic subject matter. Jodi Picoult writes believable characters who come alive on the page and make you care about them, whilst crafting stories that take your breath away and make you keep reading more to see how it ends. This book was amazing, I could not put it down.
on 22 September 2017
Sorry couldn't,t get into this book, very slow and long winded. No where near as enjoyable as House Rules or plain truth. Very unusual for me not to enjoy one of Jodi,s books, she is one of my favourite authors too. Just found this boring and kept losing interest. Sorry Jodi.
on 11 June 2013
This is the first book I have read by Jodi Picoult and before I had finished it I purchased another one.

As curious as the phrase a page Turner is, it really was a page turner and a damn good one. Although I did not want it to end I wanted to find out how it would. I know how I wanted it to finish I just was not a 100% sure it would.

It was brilliant and I thoroughly enjoyed every twist and turn.

I would recommend this book.

KARRIE
on 31 January 2015
I kind of low-key story. I was intrigued to know the outcome of the trial and the reason for it, but didn't really find the main characters all that likeable. Then again it is very well researched into prison life and legal matters and the fact that it was so well written and easy to read makes me recommend it. However, not my favourite Picoult.
on 5 March 2017
Hooked from the beginning to the end. You feel like you are actually in the court room and can see everyone and picture them,that's when you know you have read a great book,well done Jodie.
on 18 May 2017
Although l never saw that there was a pact the story kept me turning the pages and for once l was not tempted to read the end before l reached it.
on 19 October 2017
Compelling read. Couldn't put down. The story was very thought provoking and sad. Emily was tortured with shame through no fault of her own. So much so was unable to tell even her soulmate. The court case left you wondering right to the end what the verdict would be.
Brilliant novel.
on 21 January 2017
Well written characters you actually care about and an unusual but believable and engrossing plot. I really enjoyed this book.
on 5 June 2017