Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Download now Shop now

Customer reviews

on 19 October 2017
I have had the print version for quite a few years. The kindle version is a rip-off, it is only half the book, it ends with Robin giving birth, so where is the rest of the book. If you are thinking of getting it on kindle, there is only one answer Don't.
on 29 October 2017
Good leisure reading.
on 2 January 2015
Having read & still have the Original paperback book V by A.C.Crispin.
This is lucky to get 1star.
No offence intended but what a load of balls! half the book for twice the price and where's the ending.
Think the highlight of this book was Donovan nearly getting shot in the ass climbing over the wall.
Have to say save your money and buy the Original book
on 21 July 2009
With a fantastic rendition of history juiced up in a slick sci fi fantasy inspired by the large scale political events of the first half of the 20th century, Kenneth Johnson gives us edge of our seat thrills, awe, tension and terror served up with a topping of laser blasts, explosions and latex faces being torn off!!!

50 enormous saucer ships hover over the 50 largest cities, each ship approx 3 miles across, counting down to the time when contact with the curious apprehensive humans is made. Out from the alien shuttle atop the UN building emerges a humanlike figure with slick red uniform and shiny boots and a pleasant diplomatic demeanour. "We have come in peace to all man kind" he says in a peculiar resonating alien voice. As he goes on to state the purpose of the arrival of himself and his fellow Visitors, by saying his planet is in an environmental catastrophe, his kindly but semi stern face reaching to the hearts and minds of every human on the planet glued to their tv sets, we are persuaded to help and in return we will share in their vast knowledge of technological and health achievements and more. From there on in the manipulation begins, the Visitors appear benevolent whilst militant by helping keep law and order, the ones most loyal to the Visitors enjoy special perks and priviledges, and the rest of the masses enjoying a relatively normal life. There are skeptics who have reservations about the Visitors true intentions, namely Mike Donovan (Marc Singer) and Juliet Parish (Faye Grant) amongst a handful of others, some of whom mysteriously disappear. The story unfolds into a tense feeling of suspicion, fear and terror as worldwide domination becomes stronger down on the ground and up above in one of the huge ships Mike Donovan makes a few interesting discoveries of his own.

Johnson writes with slick style and consistency, the book makes for easy but pleasurable and riveting reading, as you turn each page you can feel the goosepimples of excitement and adrenalin and your mouth becomes thirsty for more (literally! Well mine did anyway!) A must have for all lovers of sci fi, history, politics, and action, all of which are melded together in this fantastic epic, Im sure the Resistance fighters whoever they are in the world whose heroism his work is dedicated will feel happy to be appreciated in such style.
on 30 January 2015
A heavily edited version of the original (and brilliant) classic by A.C. Crispin. So edited in fact that this version of the story ends with Robin giving birth. To add further insult to injury, an extremely rushed and poor 'new ending' has been stitched on. Save your money and buy the original paperback on Amazon. This is nothing more than a cash-grab.
on 13 December 2015
Brilliant novel riveting read couldn't put it down once I started to read it.
on 5 January 2017
Great book, love the story and service from book seller was excellent
on 27 November 2015
Amazon charged me twice and are taking ageeeeeeeeeeees to sort this;I placed this order the other dayORDER # D01-4868228-2809930 and noticed the money left my account twice.
I did contact Amazon by chat at the time but was told it was ok, it was only for authorisation purposes and my bank would refund the amount
I contacted my bank who told me Amazon have indeed taken the payment twice
the bank gave me info - two authorisation codes and advised one would need refunded
Amazon: May I ask you to wait for 2 minutes while I go through your previous correspondence?
Me: ok
Amazon: I'm sorry to keep you waiting while I was going through your previous correspondence. Thank you for being on hold, I appreciate your patience.
Me: no problem
Amazon: Joe, I've checked and see that we've charged you only once in the amount of £6.17.
May I know if you've checked your bank statement?
Me: yes I did. It appears twice. I can send you a screen shot, that ok?
Amazon: May I know both the charges? Are they same?
Me: yes,
19/11/15 7.47 am £6.17 auth code 238757
19/11/15 8.41am auth code 472440
Amazon: I've checked and see that one of the charge is an authorization charge.
When you place an order, Amazon contacts the issuing bank to confirm the validity of the payment method. Your bank reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorization expires, but this isn't an actual charge.
They will release the funds very soon.
Me: I have spoken to the bank and they advise that AMAZON have charged me twice
on 18 June 2016
Excellent read worth the price