on 6 May 2017
Some of the materials are good and helpful. But there is just too much useless chatters, especially considering the title of the book is "The One Page CV". I guess if the writer took his own advice and condense it down to 25 pages as he could have, there wouldn't be a book for him to sell.
on 26 January 2017
If you're not getting job interviews or not even hearing back from employers it's not because you're not good enough it's because your CV isn't good enough. How do I know you ask? Because I was in that situation. I wasnt getting heard as my Cv well, sucked.

So I purchased this book.

The book tells you things not to do on your CV and informs you what you should do. It doesn't tel you, which is great you get an original authentic CV.

My Cv was awful, as mentioned l, after reading this book I decided to start from scratch. I am now proud of my CV. I literally flaunt it. I've had 3 interviews in one day.

I'm not saying this its a guarantee, I'm not saying buy this book and you'll get a job.

I'm saying buy this book and it'll guarantee you a superior chance of getting a job.

It's worth the investment. I hesitated before hand, "surely I can find the same info online" etc. I couldn't.

It's a must.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 10 November 2014
I was a bit hesitant about buying this book purely because of the title 'One Page CV', and the fact that my own CV was three pages long, and quite detailed. I couldn't see what benefit I would get from taking out quite a lot of what I considered important material, to make it as short as one page. In fact, at the time, I wondered if it would just make things worse, rather than better.

However, I had heard some good things about this book, and I had also been told that it wasn't necessarily all about turning every CV into just one-page, but also about making your current CV more powerful. In my case, I thought that this would be perhaps shortening it to 2 pages.

As I went through the book, following the hands-on practical sessions, I was actually quite surprised to see how easy was to turn my long CV into a clearly better two-page CV. And this tallied with what I had been told. What I wasn't really expecting was for me to improve my CV even further, but that's exactly what happened. And by the end of the book I had turned my long and complicated CV into something which not only looks far better, but which also makes me sound much more like a real expert in my job then than my long previous CV ever did.

The benefits are clear, and I'm confident that I'm going to have a lot more success with my job applications with my new CV than my old bog standard one.

I did hesitate between buying this book and another. The thing that swung it for me was firstly I had heard good things about this book, and secondly the other book included examples that looked quite like my original CV which I knew wasn't working.

I thought it was time for a change, and I'm very happy that I went with my instinct.

If you want to stand out when you apply for jobs, then this is the book for you.
on 25 July 2015
I'm French and wanted a different perspective on CVs, other than French CVs. This book gave me that and much more besides. The lessons given in the book are clear, insightful and I'm sure it will make me a better writer in general, not just when it comes to CVs. It's a truly excellent book, and I'd definitely recommend it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 November 2013
I had the privilege of reading this book as soon as it was published. It is a comprehensive guide to the dos and don'ts of CV writing in general as well as the one-page version. Informative, entertaining and interactive: there are many exercises that made me realise the errors lurking in my own CV. I have since redesigned it and brought it down from two pages to one. It looks better, is far easier to read and doesn't list irrelevant detail any more. This book is an investment in the future, because it will definitely improve anyone's job prospects.
on 16 May 2015
I bought this book as I wanted to change my CV due to not getting to interview stage from my applications, it was clear and easy to follow and definitely made my CV create more of an impact. Since this alteration I have had 4 interviews and am now employed with an excellent company and have great career prospects. I knew I had the right skills but wasn't presenting myself well with my old CV. I would recommend this book to learn how to increase your chances of getting to the interview stage. Well worth the money.
on 26 February 2015
As an American living in Europe I was initially told that longer CVs / resumes were the norm here. I checked out a couple of CV books, and they seemed to be saying pretty much the same thing, so I changed my resume, and made it longer, and in line with the suggestions.

The only problem with that despite a great many applications, the CV didn't work!

I therefore decided to go with my gut instinct and create a more compact CV/resume, and bought this book because it seemed to be the only one on the European market showing the reader how to create a compact resume.

The first thing I noticed was that this book was a lot easier to follow than the other ones, there was no jargon or gobbledygook, just very clear, sensible advice with useful practical sessions that pretty much transformed my resume for the better in front of my eyes, and with surprising ease.
The next thing I noticed was when it came to applying for jobs. All of a sudden I started getting interview requests. I don't think this is a coincidence.
If you want a book that is a real good read that also gets results, then this is the one for you.
on 22 February 2014
While I found this book to be an easy read, I did find it to be a little 'salesy' with the author dropping his company name in the text at every given opportunity. I also got slightly fed up with the line 'but more about that later in the book...' as it seemed to me that the point was never reached. That said there is good advice to be had about formatting your CV. However I put out there two of my CV's, a one page one following this format and a more lengthy traditional one. The one page CV got no response whatsoever where as the traditional CV got results. Maybe I'm cynical but I think what I learnt from this book was more about the visual appeal than how to make a winning CV.
on 2 December 2015
This book was a great help. It debunked a lot of myths that I'd previously believed in and made me change the way I think about my CV. After reading it, I felt much more confident in my decision to slice away all the unnecessary parts,so that my CV is no longer just a long list of every job I've ever had!

The author's friendly tone makes for an easy read - I finished it in just two days. He encourages you to go away and do 'tasks', and though I didn't do all of them, the ones I did were useful.

If you're wanting a standard CV - the type that most template websites offer - this is not the book for you. If you're looking to get yourself noticed and you're willing to think outside the box to do so, this is definitely a buy I'd recommend.

*I bought this book somewhere else which is why it hasn't come up as a verified purchase.
on 12 February 2014
Returning to the job market after quite a few years at home with my children, I found the task of updating my very old CV very daunting.

This book has proved invaluable in helping me put together a modern, succinct CV that I feel gives potential employers the information that they need about me straight away. The book is written in a style that I immediately liked and found to be very accessible. It showed me very clearly how to be concise and how to highlight the really important information that employers want to know.

This book has helped me build a great CV. It has given me real confidence in presenting my skills and re-joining the workplace.