Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Ed Sheeran on Amazon Music Shop now Shop now

VINE VOICEon 7 January 2004
A friend lent me this book and I read it on the plane, and firstly let me state that I am not a salesman. I was quite suprised as I felt that this book was useful for anyone not just a salesperson as it contains with tips on how to approach life in a sucessful manner. For example there was a chapter on meetings and the question is posed how do you plan for a meeting and the individual replies, I think of all the things that could go wrong. This book however states you should visualise the meeting in a positive way concentrating on the success through considering how it will feel for everyone if it is successful and why? This doesn't sound mind blowing however most people do sit and worry about the pitfuls rather than the positve aspects of any encounter. It certainly made me decide to visualise things positively instead of focusing on the negative.
If you have never read a minute book the format is simple, it starts off with a person who wants to improve something ie. management or sales technique in a certain way who meets a guru on the subject. This guru starts off with a high level overview of what are the core principles behind their method and then suggests that the narrator meet different people who have benefited from this technique. Each chapter is then the narrator meeting different people all with slightly different aspects of improvement, such as the salesman who has a high percentage of satisfied customers because they always log a follow up call. As per the reviewer above I was quite suprised how it helped me come to conclusions about how I could improve my approach to life in general through positive thinking, visualisation and taking time to appreciate my own and the other persons objectives. In conclusion, a quick, easy read with some interesting ideas on the other hand the hardback version is extremely expensive per no pages.
on 8 April 2003
This book is really useful to everyone and although as a sales person myself I consider it to be my second bible. It really would be useful to anyone and everyone, as Johnson says, all of us have to sell something, some of the time even if it is ourselves.
It has some great facts to quote and is a quick and interesting read. It even summarises everything in the book really well on a few charts and lists.
I will be returning to this book again and again for advise on all aspects of life and would definitely recommend it whatever business you are in.
on 25 March 2011
This book gives you some good tips of how to approach the sales process in a non-stressful way and helping you to enjoy the whole process and make others enjoy their purchases.