on 5 October 2017
I have just finished reading the Olive Farm and, although there was a lot I liked about it, I was put off reading the next in the series by the surfeit of adjectives. I felt they broke up the story line and left it rather disjointed. I also didn't like the history lessons but that is possibly just me. I enjoyed reading about the trials of olive growing and how the farm was built up from a ruin.
on 9 October 2017
I was stuck in the house day after day and feeling blue because I could no longer visit my favourite haunts in France, Italy and Majorca. I read this and was transformed to all the places which I used to visit. I, also, was drawn into the lives of the people in the book and turned the pages happily waiting to see what was coming next.
on 18 July 2017
Well written and interesting
on 16 October 2017
Wonderful read. Can't believe I have missed these for so long. Will definitely read them all.
on 10 March 2017
A relaxing easy read of personal expenriences
on 10 June 2017
I enjoyed the book very much and have started reading the olive season.
on 19 August 2013
This was a wonderful book, beautifully written and I look forward to reading the others in this heart warming series.
on 7 January 2017
This book starts off promising but soon starts to become very boring. I do not like the writing style. I only tend to read books about resettling abroad and have enjoyed many. Having a house in France myself I can share some of the experiences but have read better...shame.
on 30 June 2016
An interesting and moving account of a risky adventure. Who would have thought that olives could be so important?
Enjoyable!
on 19 September 2013
Slushy, sycophantic... Just plain rubbish, actually.

I live in Provence and am doing up a property, and I couldn't even get past the first few chapters. Gave my copy away at the first opportunity.