on 8 May 2017
Bought a pair of these 4-5 years ago and they're still going strong, got this pair for my son who wanted some minimalist gloves that didn't add any bulk when he's playing football. They're not the thickest material so if you are using in sub zero temperatures then you need something with a bit more insulation. Saying, that because of the bulkless design, I've used my old ones in the past as an insert to my ski gloves.

The etip also works really well so he can use them on his phone, Ive found this latest version is much more responsive on the phone screen, highly recommend if you want a compact pair of gloves.
2 people found this helpful
on 21 March 2018
I don’t recommended these gloves at all, even though The North Face clothing are normally top quality these are not. They do not keep your hands warm at all in cold weather. I bought these primarily due to the snowy spells we’ve been having in the UK recently, my fingers were freezing with them on, they didn’t make any difference at all. On the packaging it does say they are suitable for “mild” conditions so I suggest you buy another pair suited to more extreme weather conditions. Sizing was good I got a small and they fit snug. You are also able to use any touchscreen with them on which is handy!
review image
on 9 February 2018
The fit is great and touch screen ability works well, only the size of the fingers makes this difficult but that is innate to any glove. My biggest complaint is that they do not keep my hands warm and i have to put hand in the pockets of my coat to warm up, i can't feel my fingers after wearing the gloves for 5-10 minutes depending on temperature, i live in the UK, experiencing numb fingers in January/February. Such a disspaointment as i am usually an avid fan of north face products
on 14 February 2018
Ok so I’ve had a pair of similar berghaus gloves for years, but was driving me mad as not compatible with using my phone, so I upgraded and to be honest I’m rather disappointed with them, the fit is nowhere near as good as my old sturdy berghaus gloves, and not as warm either... in all honesty I think I’d still use my berghaus ones more..... overpriced and not as good as ones they’ve replaced 😱😬
on 8 May 2017
The etip is not great, the gloves are warm and block the wind but are quite thin, wouldn't recommend for extreme cold, having just worn them for a weekend away a hole opened in the tip of my index finger which is very disappointing considering the cost of the gloves, I will be cutting the finger tips off and using them as fingerless gloves!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 January 2018
Really pleased with these gloves! They are very comfortable and provide good insulation against cold and wind. There’s a clip to keep them together when not in use.

The feature which allows you to use touchscreen devices does work and that’s very convenient.

They look smart casual in a sporty style.
on 10 December 2017
paid a lot of money for these gloves and they are not worth it, my hands were very cold within fifteen minutes of being out in the cold, might as well have paid half the price. Very dissapointed
on 11 February 2017
Kept my hands warm in Iceland, the etip function on these is impeccable. Super sensitive and not had an issue using my phone with them.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 May 2016
Purchased these gloves for an early spring holiday to Cornwall. The usual British weather put the gloves to the test, they kept my hands warm through rain and hailstorms. I wouldn't recommend them for skiing or cold weather mountain climbing but they are perfect for a yomp up a hill in cold weather.

The fit is quite tight - but I went with the size guide on the north face website and they fit perfectly.

E-tip finger tips work perfectly with my iPhone 6s, I was a bit dubious at first as to whether I would even use the function but it is great not to have to struggle to get your gloves off every time you need to answer the phone!

Delivery was quick and items were well packaged.
on 13 May 2017
The fact that you can use your touch screen device while wearing them is great, however they're not very resistant and break quite easily especially if you have nails. Would not buy them again.