Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.64

on 15 April 2013
How is it possible for one single person to possess the depth of imagination, the artistry, and the simply amazing ability necessary to tell as story as magnificent, coloured and wonderful as this is?
on 14 September 2015
I love science fiction/fantasy and the Saga of the Exiles is very unusual in my opinion.

The series starts slow, but picks up and becomes enthralling in my opinion.

The only complaint that I have, is that at the end there are too many unanswered questions and I wish Julian May would write a sequel.

Also look at Intervention and Jack the Bodiless - the series that prequel this, but you can read both series in isolation
on 3 July 2013
The Saga of the Exiles on e-reader! Excellent!

First read Julian May's brilliant Saga years and years ago and still have the paperbacks. Went on from the Pliocene exiles to Jack the Bodiless and Diamond Mask and all the rest of the Milieu stories. Fabulous stories of telepathically and psychokinetically operant humans and how they got there. Yes, it's nonsense by any normal, everyday standards but the story is a huge sweep of imagination with cleverness and wit woven right the way through it - Aiken Drum, the trickster and arch-manipulator being the spitting image of Machiavelli, for instance.

If you're an SF buff I highly recommend this series. Funnily enough, I was looking idly for it as e-books just a few months ago and there was nothing available from "official" channels - an unofficial copy I found and downloaded had no formatting. You'd be amazed how flat and boring a story becomes with no paragraphs! Then they appeared as "trade copies" - not quite sure what that means, but perhaps it's associated with one gripe I do have about the e-versions - that scanner misreads haven't been sub-edited out. For example, one of the Firvulag Great Heroes is called Sharn-Mes; usually abbreviated to Sharn. In the e-version it appears about 70% of the time as "Sham" which grates badly every time. There are other examples.

Nonetheless, I'm ploughing my way through the whole lot all over again and loving it. Give yourself a treat. Get at least the four "Saga" books and read them!
on 3 June 2016
A good storey, well written, but too many typos in this Kindle version that were not there in the paperback version I read years ago. I have just found one page that does not follow the previous, & I do not know how much is missing!
on 9 December 2014
Intelligent , riveting......stunning series of books. Can't believe I had never heard of these until a few months ago. Were recommended to me by a friend. I read the first and bought the rest ..... and the next series too. Julian May is an exceptional author. Cannot rate these books highly enough.
on 26 April 2014
All of the books in the series are gems to read with cracking plots and characters you really care for.
Julian May really did pluck the muse for this series of books and again the non born king just keeps giving more of the best.
You really should read these books as they are a rarity.
on 2 September 2013
I've had the series in book form for sometime but wanted some on my Kindle. Can still enjoy reading them and get something new from a re-read.
on 22 November 2013
I read all of Julian May's saga of the exiles some years ago -it hasn't lost any of its fascination and has not aged at all - brilliant!
on 12 May 2013
I happen to love this series of books, but they really are best read in order, with Intervention first, then Jack the Bodiless, Diamond Mask, Magnificat and then the Saga of the Exiles from Book One. It probably isn’t the choice of your hard core sci fi addict, but I love the idea of following the Remillard family from the beginning.
on 31 March 2013
I read this entire series a few years ago and liked it then but reading the whole series in one format was something else please rate the other books in the saga of the exiles the same
Cheers MMcGinty