on 4 March 2016
I would highly recommend this book to anyone. As with all her of Elizabeth's books it is very easy to read. The tips and tricks Elizabeth provides are invaluable and have helped us a great deal. I love Elizabeth's gentle approach to things. I'm very happy to have read this book.
on 17 August 2017
Waste of money. I only bought this new for the 'magic bracelet which wasn't included. I could have just bought a used copy.
on 26 December 2013
Money badly spent. Not a real single solution for my toddler's night separation anxiety.
I have really loved other books from her.
on 23 August 2012
Great book that every parent should read when preparing to return to work, it gives useful advice and tips to help children to adjust to new situations and separations.
on 27 April 2014
I bought this book maybe year ago and that book is ok to read coz its informative and few things to learn.
on 3 August 2013
This was very useful, lots of great ideas to try. I used some f the methods hitch worked for us.
on 15 April 2015
Great booj
on 18 July 2010
Having read other parenting books by Elizabeth Pantley, starting with 'The No Cry Sleep Solution', I was keen to read 'The No Cry Separation Anxiety Solution' when by youngest (of four after an 11 year gap) began to show distress when separated from myself or my husband.
As always, Elizabeth takes a sympathetic approach, advocating a gentle method with the child's welfare and parent-child relationship always at the fore. The book contains many practical approaches to dealing with separation anxiety as well as explaining why it happens. I like that she allows for differences in your own family situation in that you can pick and choose which ideas to use and try different methods for a period of time to discover which works best for your own situation.
I find that her writing allows you to understand situations and emotions from your child's viewpoint - something which as busy parents we can often be to busy to notice - which when dealing with problems allows us to take a step back and see why our child might be behaving in such a way and then she offers us practical solutions.
If you have issues with separation anxiety I highly recommend this book; my son is just 2 years old but the advice in here ranges for children from 6 months to 6 years so I am sure I will find it invaluable over the next few years.
on 10 April 2015
Seperation anxiety is not fun, well meaning patronising advice that comes from many directions when your velcro child is being peeled from you is not fun. I don't want my daughter to be fine at school, I want her to be happy and without the strategies in this book it would have taken us a lot longer to get to the root cause. The author clearly understands the issue and offers enough ideas that should help many children of different ages. My daughter now happily skips into school no crying and I would credit this book and another children's book called "I love you all day long" with much of this achievment.
on 21 September 2010
As someone who never felt comfortable with the so called 'baby training' techniques, that invariably advocate leaving your child to cry for specific or extended periods of time, I have been a fan of Elizabeth Pantley's gentle approach to parenting.

Having read Elizabeth's The No-Cry Sleep Solution and The No-Cry Nap Solution, I was already a huge fan of her nurturing techniques, and so was excited to get my copy of her latest book 'The No-Cry Separation Anxiety Solution'.

The book gives plenty of information about why children get anxious, which helps you understand why separation anxiety happens, and helps you to see things from the child's perspective. It also gives parents a whole host of tools to try, not a one-solution-fits-all approach like some parenting books do.

Although my Daughter and I are not currently experiencing any major separation anxiety issues, I have loaned my copy out to two friends, and both have said they found the book invaluable, and both found techniques that worked for their children (one 14 months, one 12 months).

It's a great book to have in your parenting tool-belt, and I would highly recommend it to any parent.