on 23 January 2014
Although not directly involved in the investiagtion I worked in the area at the time, where Grant was operating. The fear that many elderly people had was real. Having spoken to Investigation Officers on the case the book reflects the horror and vile crimes that Grant committed. Credit to the author.
on 1 April 2013
A decent read up until the halfway point when the offender is arrested.at that point we go to the court case where the prosecutor outlines the offences,describing in virtually the same words the attacks that we had read of previously in the book.At this point I found myself losing interest as it becomes extremely repetitive.An interesting case but not the most interesting book once you get to the trial.
on 20 August 2013
When you read this and see what he done no wonder, we are the laughing, stock
of the world.he was in jail and out, but in this time crimes being committed.
Before this was brought to justice, should have locked him up and tossed the key away.
on 7 October 2013
I did not finish this book because I got a bit fed up with it after a while. I may continue reading it at a later date but I did not find that the writer kept my attention or gave me the desire to find out how the 'night stalker' was caught and convicted.
on 24 February 2012
Not a bad read but the Author tends to repeat himself,when describing the crimes.
A bit more background of the killer would have been better,and not just descriptions of the crime scenes,its almost like reading a police report.Not very atmospheric,could have been a really good read,but unfortunately just makes an average read.
on 30 December 2013
repetition an boredom come to mnd. an oppertunity missed to describe the background and home life of a jeckyl and hyde character. and would have been good to know why the jury was split in the face of overwhelming evidence.
on 1 December 2014
This book shares many failings of other true crime books about recent cases, eg The Night Stalker, The Crossbow Canibal etc., plus those on the Suffolk Strangler. Basically there isn't enough information available and so this leads to a very heavy reliance on newspaper reports (we won't know the full story until decades later when the documentation is made available - the author should acknowledge this but doesn't). Repetition is frequent and the whole exercise feels skin deep. There is little grasp of the central character and little attempt to put him and his victims into context. His earlier crimes are skimmed over.There's no pictures, index, bibliography etc.

The only plus point is that it gives a brief overview of the case for those who know nothing about it. Yet it could have been cut by a half without anything of substance being overlooked.
on 29 November 2013
Quite an interesting book. Delroy Grant came across as the type of man no one would suspect of such horrific crimes. But for errors in the original investigation he could have been behind bars sooner.
on 15 January 2012
This book is worth a read if you are interested in true crime books, however if you want to learn anything new that you haven't already read about these crimes you will be disappointed.

I read it within two days because I did find it interesting and it was an easy read. I probably found it more interesting because I live close to where many of the crimes were commited so was quite aware of this operation.

I found this book very repetitive, detailing certain incidents numerous times with no extra information. There was nothing in the book that you probably hadn't already read in the papers, however I hadn't followed the court case so wasn't aware of the absurd defence he attempted to use.

It is an interesting book and overall I thought it was ok.
on 10 January 2014
A very interesting insight into the terrible crime committed. However is quite repetitive at times ans goes over approved the same points