Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.85

on 1 November 2012
This book was totally fascinating for me being a true crime buff. It also meant that I recognised from the descriptions of the murdered women who each of them were. It's written as part fiction, part fact as of course we can't know in each case exactly what transpired on the nights each were killed.
The women she writes as are Natalie Wood, Nicole Brown Simpson, Sunny Von Bulow and Colette MacDonald. In each there's no mention of the husband's name but if you know their stories you'll know who they speak of.
I especially liked Colette's story as I've read about her in the past in Joe McGinness's great book on the case. Her murdering spouse was Jeffrey MacDonald, a real prize.
There were spelling errors and grammatical mistakes but thankfully not enough to wear me down. However, it's annoying when Nic suddenly become Nick or Freddy turns in Freddie........that comes across as really careless which is a bloody shame.
If you've read about any of these cases I'd certainly recommend this. If you haven't and don't recognise them I think you'd be pretty confused as the author doesn't tell you who she's writing about. It's sort of assumed you know.
on 14 September 2013
Excellent collection of stories of well known women who were killed, evidence points towards their husbands but were not convicted. The ghosts of these women narrate the stories and look at the lives of the surviving relatives. A very believable moving collection of stories, which I didn't want to put down. I would recommend this book.
on 16 February 2013
Every so often one gets to read a book that is completely mind blowing.
Such is The Night My Husband Killed Me by Kathleen Hewtson.
I read the first story in a rush as Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood were the Hollywood marriage made in heaven. They complemented one another in every way; or so it seemed. Robert Wagner was my all time movie hero. However the further I got into the account of Natalie Wood's death, the more I realised that in essence he could well have committed this heinous crime. The research and facts related are astounding and compelling reading.

As I went on to read about the other deaths,I found myself turning page after page until I reached the end of the book. At times I felt I was in the same room as each of the ghosts as they described their demise in graphic detail.
The book is written in the first person which normally I find frustrating and repetitive but not so. This has been very cleverly written with good back fill. As the ghosts relay their stories you begin to see through their eyes what a wonderful thing hindsight is and a very useful tool if they had only noticed the signs when they were alive.

As each woman finally goes towards their own light I found myself hoping that they would find eternal peace.

Expertly written by one of the better writers of modern times and very highly recommended.
on 27 September 2013
Really enjoyed this book really moved me seeing the story from the victims point of view cried reading the McDonald's story to be murdered by the one who is meant to protect u is so sad very good book
on 7 April 2014
A really thought provoking, interesting and desperately sad book. I would love to know how much is truth in these accounts. I hope the four ladies, one young man and the two little girls have found peace and I hope their 'loving' husbands get their just desserts one day. Very well written and put together.
on 27 November 2012
When I read the book I was surprised to find that I had heard of 3 of the 4 stories/people involved, especially because, as far as I knew at the time of reading, at least 2 of the murders were never proved to have been committed by the husbands; it has made me go and look up details about the cases to find out more. I liked the concept of the book and appreciated the research and background information that went into the stories, however I was a bit disappointed that there was little variation in the language and style used by each of the wives.
on 14 February 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was so sad to read it through the poor victims perspectives! I found Nicole's story to be the most heartwrenching and cried reading the last story regarding the murdered children!!!
on 1 January 2013
This book was pretty dreadful. It is full of contradictions and just goes around in circles repeating the same things just in slightly different ways. I got about 40% into this book and then gave up because it was just too terrible. Wouldn't recommend this at all.
on 8 November 2012
Not my normal reading genre but it was still reasonably entertaining. Sometimes I found the stories a little too wordy and found myself skipping pages and not feeling like I missed out on any part of the story
on 20 October 2013
I loved the way that each story is told by the victim. The stories are believable....I only wished for happier endings........but then it wouldn't have been such a great read......gripping!