Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 March 2017
The Next Always is a contemporary romance with a paranormal theme. The book is #1 of the Inn at BoonsBoro and is set in Maryland.

Montgomery family contractors are restoring the two hundred year old BooksBoro Inn and turning it into a high class B & B. Under their mother's vision, her three sons make a great working team. The small town has a great community and everyone is keen for the day of the big reveal.

This book is about Beckett, he's the architect and has designed the refurb. His one distraction is his school crush Clare Murphy Brewster. Clare returned to BoobsBoro with her three sons, after her husband was killed, she now runs the town bookstore. Back among friends and family, in time, she allows her new feelings for Beckett to grow.

With the Inn rebuild moving forward the need for a manager rises; Clare and Avery are delighted when one of their friends returns to take the job. I really liked all the details about the construction of the Inn, I could picture the rooms as the team worked on them daily. The addition of a ghost was a delight, I enjoyed her quirky ways and her ability to be unselfish when danger threatened.

Fans of Nora Robert's romances should be very happy with the start to this series.
on 30 June 2017
I was really looking forward to reading this Nora Roberts novel, but as I turned each page my disappointment grew and grew. The blurb sounded good and I was intrigued about the inn being haunted, but the endless descriptions of the renovations of the hotel were tedious. If you are interested in interior design and reading about the installation of every fixture, fitting and brushstroke of renovating a building, then I'm sure this would be of great interest. The love angle between Clare and Beckett was fine, although nothing stunning and quite predictable.
It is populated with some interesting characters, but all in all, I was relieved to reach the end of the story.
I'm so sorry that I can give only two stars for this, but I know that Nora Roberts has a wide fan base and many do enjoy her stories.
on 19 February 2015
I received a copy of The Next Always free from Amazon in return for having purchased a Kindle ebook during a promotional period.

I don't often pick up romance novels so I believe that The Next Always is the first Nora Roberts novel I've read. It's certainly the first in a very long time and likely to be the last too. I was disappointed at just how bland and formulaic the story was. Essentially just a long advertisement for the Boonsboro Inn - is Roberts an owner? - most of the book is taken up with lists of the luxurious furniture and fittings. We also meet a perfectly nice widow, Clare, who has nice children and falls in love with the nice man, Beckett, doing up the Inn. Surrounded by their nice friends and community, they overcome minor perils and, presumably, go on to live happily ever after as a Family.

Based on this one novel, I have no idea how Roberts sells so many thousands of books. I have read far more inventive fare from relatively unknown indie authors who could seriously benefit from 1% of her publicity, yet are ignored in favour of this drivel. Yawn.
VINE VOICEon 16 March 2013
As always with Ms Roberts trilogies the plot and characters are introduced in the first book and carry on throughout the trilogy and I promise this trilogy looks as good as all the other ones.The Inn at Boonsboro has been empty and neglected for years. Justine Montgomery and her sons are bringing it back to life. Beckett Montgomery, the architect of the business has secretly loved Claire Brewster, a young widow with three adorable boys, since schooldays The first story concentrates on them. Can Beckett love the grown up mature Claire as he did the younger version? The characters are great, there are dogs galore all with their own personalities Hey even the wickedly funny but temperamental ghost Lizzie has a personality andlivens up the proceedings. I think it is one of Nora Roberts best stories. I love all the Montgomerys and the rest of the characters so much.
on 16 August 2017
Before the end of the first chapter I was hooked on the story and the characters. I am looking forward to the next one in the trilogy and the
final one.
I know that they will be equally engrossing.
on 30 July 2015
We love Nora Roberts - and this is just another gem in her portfolio. Whilst her story lines are generally romance, there is always a different story she brings to each novel. That's what I enjoy about reading her books - no two feel the same, and you don't feel stuck in the same format. I don't think I will ever tire of reading her books.
on 17 July 2017
Again the threads of the characters and the storyline make for another Roberts classic good read as per usual a few twists and turns to keep you hooked
on 10 June 2017
Fluffy romance, perfect for an easy read, no complicating plot but still enough of a story to keep you wanting to get to the happy ending. Loved the description of the inn, made me want to sketch it out.
on 18 June 2017
Couldn't put this book down once I had started to read it. Kept me on the edge all the time.
on 31 July 2017