on 13 October 2017
Good
on 7 March 2014
It took me a little while to realize that all the producers are doing is selling a bit of a story at a time, very clever marketing.
The end result is that mugs like myself finish up buying a book, slowly, at an exorbitant price.
Look, put the whole lot into one single book and sell it a little cheaper, I for one would buy it, but as for now I could not care less about what happens in the next episodes.
Besides, I do not believe Andy McNab is the actual writer, he's the figure head for a publishing machine hell bent on cashing in on the poor souls who get a kick out of reading about it but never ever being in danger.
Some of the stories are great, admittedly but who ever is actually writing the army stories is guilty of a little bending of the truth here and there to enhance Andy's reputation and glorify battle.
Finally, I have utmost respect for Andy and all the lads in the Special Air service, I personally would never have been accepted, I just don't have the psych required and would have failed the selection process in spectacular fashion.
Sorry about the rant, but let's have the raw bones truth, warts an' all. We can take it, we are not in danger.
on 6 September 2014
I'm disgusted that Andy McNab would put his name behind this blatant scam. Come on Andy, read the reviews of what people think of you're publisher ripping off you're loyal fans by publishing individual chapters after one of you're excellent books. Allocating them numbers to try and indicate they are the next books in the sequence! Its a disgrace and Amazon shouldn't allow it either.

I read the second book on holiday on a smartphone and loved it so searched for the rest and bought them via my smartphone. Very cunning marketing and it took me buying them (5 individual chapters) to realise it was a con.

I wont buy anymore of you're books Andy until you stop this dodgy practice by you're publisher (really hope you're not in on it)
on 2 April 2014
I read the first of these books and enjoyed it, as I did number 2 - The New Patrol. Got numbers 3 and 4, thought "This is all a bit familiar" and find it is a repeat of everything I have already read in the first books so I have spent money for nothing. Admittedly not much but this really is quite a nasty way to do things in my opinion. Is it unreasonable to expect that numbers 3,4,5 etc. should follow on from number 2 - I think not. What a way to do business!
on 3 July 2014
Not sure what scam somebody is trying to pull here. Just enjoyed #1 and #2 in the series, clicked to download #3 from the link on my Kindle and got chapters 10 thru 12 of book 2 !!!!!!

Now I have logged onto Amazon and checked reviews I can see it is a scam

Anybody know how to get a refund for a Kindle purchase from Amazon

Great shame as the booksk I have read were well written and absorbing, not sure AMcN is writing them therefore ......
on 13 February 2014
not bad, but i don't like that Mr McNab sells his book by the chapter and not by the whole book. What looks like a whole book is not.
Come on Andy be up front with your readers.
on 18 September 2014
Its just a reproduction of the main book, which has all the chapters in it. Would not recommend buying tyhis book unles you haven't read the first of the series.
on 19 January 2014
Just love to read Andy's books. Top job. Really good story, brings back memories. Will definitely be downloading the next book
on 22 September 2014
Another good story from Andy McNab. Detailed working and training of our top regiment whilst maintaining personnel interests.
on 28 December 2013
Great read you need to read this book for your self and experience this book for this is a need to read book