on 3 February 2016
Recently, I've ordered a lot of books on home design and renovation. This is the only one that I read back to back in two evenings. I simply couldn't put it down before finishing it.

This book set me free from all false beliefs that we have to do this and don;t have to do that when decorate our homes. It's a book about the simple fact that as a owner of your home you have the right to choose what works for you. I got some very nice ideas which I will apply in my home very soon.

But most of all I simply loved the author and her sense of humor. I wish I could meet her in real life.

On the other hand, if you expect a book with lots of pictures of different homes or lots of designing ideas, this book is not for you. But I found this particular piece to be very practical for creating a home you want to live it. I am afraid of glossy interiors - I always wonder if someone really lives there. But this is not the case with this book.

I would recommend the book to others.
on 10 July 2014
If you are a devout fan of home style magazines from your local newsagent, this is the book for you - you won't be able to put it down.

The author has moved many times in her marriage and has 'made and made do' as they say, to spectacular effect - the photos are there as evidence.

I love the homely, somewhat vintage (but not overtly so), friendly style of home décor that Myquillyn advocates and as a follow of all things Scandanavian (ie quite pale colours), this is THE book for anyone with similar tastes.

For anyone who, like me, suffers from 'the blues' from time to time for whatever reason (hormonal in my case!), decorating your home in pale colours to draw in what light you have will work wonders and transform your spirit in no time, even on dull, dank, rainy days.

I sincerely hope that Myquillyn will write more books in this style - she has a natural talent for making simple things look expensive, yet comfy and inviting. Many congratulations - a really beautiful book.
If there is a book with which you will get a myriad of ideas for decorating your home, without spending a lot of money, or book which would help you to look on your rented flat with different eyes not thinking that it is not your problem how it look anyway because the apartment is not yours, then ‘The Nesting Place’ by Myquillyn Smith is this book.

In addition that she will inspire you to thousands of small things that will brighten up the home in which you spend a little or a lot of time, Smith will help you with little or almost no cost at all, to use those things you already own in order to make your space a far more enjoyable place to stay.

Therefore I do not know whether to recommend ‘The Nesting Place’ more to tenants or renters, or perhaps those who have a lot of time to decorate because it would seem that you will not have enough time to do what it would inspire you.

In any case, each of its page bring some new idea, while as a whole this is one of those books that everyone should have on the shelf in order to flip through it regularly.
on 17 July 2014
Loved this book! Have me a new way of looking at my home and a deeper appreciation for what I have. Highly recommended read - especially for those who share Myquillyn's Christian faith.
on 21 January 2016
This book is for you If you are paralysed in your venture to decorate your home and make it yours.

If found it really inspiring and gets to the issues behind how we create our homes.

If you can be patient with the initial stories of the authors experiences of different accommodation; then you can see how those stories weave into the lessons that the writer shares
on 5 November 2014
Pretty and inspiring pictures, and somewhat uplifting to receive the message that good enough is Good Enough, though comes from an upper middle class perspective (where Enough is more than most of the rest of the world has in their life) and the additional Christian bumpf is surplus to requirement for non Christian readers.
on 13 December 2016
More of a book to change your attitude to your home than a practical guide to decorating, decluttering, hygge and all the other book trends. It focuses on why you should appreciate what you have and focus on the things you like about your home, which is great advice and does help to re-frame your feelings about your living space and its quirks.

I enjoyed this book, but I think there are others along the same lines which have more practical application - there was a lot about the author's many houses and moves which was nice to read but I would like more exercises/advice to apply to one's own home. I found that the advice 'use tree stumps as tables' cropped up in the book more often than you'd expect :)
on 9 August 2014
I found this book really inspiring. It's easy to read from start to finish, but also lots of pictures and great ideas.
on 9 April 2016
lovely book with lots of advice, ideas and good images.
on 6 January 2016
Lovely. Practical and encouraging as well as inspiring