on 25 April 2017
What a great recipe book writer Jamie Oliver is. (Or perhaps was? I can't help but imagine he's more of an 'executive chef' these days.) He doesn't bother with theory too much - and despite the well-thought out and exact instructions, never comes across as prescriptive.

Luvlee jublee. Recommended for the intermediate home chef, although there is plenty here too to get started on if you're a beginner. You can't go wrong with Pasta alla Norma for instance. As for the fish recipe that requires 3kg of sea salt, I'll leave that for the time being.
on 13 August 2017
Reading the recipes for the first time, I kept thinking, "What? Jamie's gotta be kidding. That will never work!" I forgot he is a culinary genius, part of whose talent is to take the simplest of ingredients and show mere cooks like me how to turn them into something extraordinary. We have had many great meals from this excellent book, some of which have become regular favourites.
on 10 September 2016
I am a big fan of Jamie Oliver but I wasn't always - but ever since since I watched his TV program Sugar Rush I have changed my mind.
I decided to buy some of his cookery books and am trying out the recipes in his books. This was a cookery book from his yearly years and I must say I love the recipes I have tried so far. I am looking forward to buying many more of his cookery books and trying the recipes.
on 20 November 2012
I am 'in between properties' so have everything in storage. I wanted a particular recipe from 'Jamie's Kitchen', couldn't find the book in local shops because it is quite old and not a lot of Jamie's books turn up in Charity Shops either! I could have looked for the recipe on-line (as I have many others during this 'in between' stage) however I wanted to spoil myself with a gift, so searched on Amazon for a 2nd hand copy. There were several, so I narrowed it down by checking up on the condition of the books and I am delighted with my purchase. It'll be my first 'moving in' gift to myself. P.S. The recipe was a huge success too!
on 31 July 2016
I always enjoy Jamie's style and passion for good food and I really love Italian food so I bought this book. OK, it isn't recent but it IS packed with beautiful, timeless Italian dishes, a bit of history, a bit of culture and a LOT of flavour. Grab yourself a glass of wine and enjoy flicking through this book!
on 27 June 2016
Another great book with nice photographs and easy to follow recipes. I have tried few of them and it was great but i still prefer to see photograph, ingredient list and follow recipe in my own way :)))
on 11 December 2017
when I bought this book it arrived slightly damaged. However, on contacting the seller, they couldn’t have been more helpful. They had a replacement book out to me within the next day. The customer service was absolutely 5 star, and I would highly recommend them.
On the recipe side, so far so good. Typical Jamie Oliver recipes - simple to make, easy to follow, you don’t need a ridiculous pantry of world foods and really tasty.
on 27 June 2016
Great photographs. Recipes are easy to follow but I had to admit that i Have never cooked from this book following the exact recipe. I always see picture, ingredients and do it my own way :)))
on 10 October 2015
Bought as a present. The pictures are really nice and the recipes not too hard to do. The book was presented in a weird way though. I can't cook but I could still manage them.
on 26 June 2000
Having been bored with cooking for myself, being a recent widow, Jamie Oliver`s TV programmes have inspired me into giving dinner parties again which is why I have both of his books. I like his simplicity & figured if he can do all this in a half-hour prog. I can surely do the same in just a little longer. I have tried more than seven so far this month and one comment from my guests "That was a cracking meal!"- to the carpaccio of beef. And the tray-baked pork chops - absolutely mouthwatering - from my daughter & son-in-law who are both top chefs. What more can I say- I rave about the lad!