Customer reviews

on 29 March 2013
I chose this rating because for it's size it is fairly comprehensible and easy to understand. In fact this is the third edition that I have bought since I was introduced to it.

I would recommend this book to anyone to make up a part of their astronomical library.
on 12 September 2013
This is a really well put together guide to help you become more familiar with the night sky. Engagingly written and easy to carry and use, it provides a monthly description of interesting objects you should be able to find in the night sky. Each month particular objects are chosen for a detailed look as well as a general overview of the current sky. Planet positions for each month are clearly shown for a range of years as well as annual ephemera such as meteor showers.
on 21 January 2015
Everything you require in one book for getting started with your observing month by month. Useful diagrams, maps of Moon and astronomical explanations. Third time I have purchased this book.
on 10 November 2015
This is a brilliant guide. I've bought the last six additions. I can always keep up to date where the planets are!
on 17 May 2015
Very handy and informative
on 3 December 2014
Your IBN number was wrong and twice I received a Letts Level 2 english book. Didn't have any star pictures in it!
on 2 February 2015
This is about the fourth or fifth edition of this Guide that I've purchased. It is ideal for finding out the positions of the planets and the dates of meteor showers. If like me you are very much an amateur astronomer with just a pair of binoculars observing from your back garden, then this is a brilliant introduction to astronomy and then useful thereafter in the ways I've said. This edition didn't disappoint.