TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 March 2014
A fast-paced adventure story set on Bodmin Moor, featuring girl detective, Laura Marlin. The book has all the elements that children love in a story: mystery, adventure, excitement and suspense.
Reading this adventure story brought back memories of childhood, and reading my much loved Enid Blyton books.
on 12 January 2015
lauren st john you are an amazing writer and i love your books . you use so much detail whitch makes the story come to life and inspires us . never stop writing because there brilliant books you write . it feels like i am actually in the book when i read it because you count us in like were in the adventure . thank you so much for writing those books!!!
on 28 October 2015
Although Lauren st John's books are some of my favourites, this didn't have quite as much of an element of mystery as the others, so really is just an add-on. Still, a good book to read.
The other Lauren st John books are must-reads! In order of my preference: Laura marlin mysteries, one dollar horse trilogy, white giraffe series. Great books!!! 😊📚💜
on 5 April 2014
I found this book very exciting and I read it so quickly. As at the very beginning of the school year we went to Bodmin for s wrt walk up it I found it even more easy to believe! I was sure the beast of Bodmin would catch them at any second!
I love all lauren st John books (especially the one dollar horse series)!
on 2 June 2016
A short but mysterious read. A brilliant scenario - a midnight picnic on Bodmin Moor. Bring on camping, fog, accidents, mysterious disappearances and lack of phone signal. Love the characters. A very enjoyable book.
on 27 May 2014
My son and I read this book together we have enjoyed all the Laura Marlin mysteries and would recommend this book, we look forward to the next book, hopefully soon.
on 20 March 2014
I think that this book is awesome because it's really mysterious and very good at Halloween for spooky stories! OLIVIA EVANS 7yrs :)
on 9 April 2014
As always, this laura marlin mystery was absolutely great. However its wandering off lauren st johns usual style of mystery story. It reveals all of laura and tarige's classmates and is based on a midnight feast/camping trip. Overall its an exiting read and i would recomend to young audiences.
on 5 June 2014
Recipient really enjoyed the Famous Five books I gave her last year so I thought I'd try her on this. She says it's really exciting.
on 20 December 2014
A brilliant book but a bit short my favourite part was when they explored the empty cottage! Another great book by Lauren st john