on 2 August 2013
I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York this summer. I was stunned by the whole collection. I could have spent days there but I only had five hours. When I came home I purchased the guide as a souvenir but it contains very little of what I actuallly saw. Perhaps I was expecting the impossible, expecting one book to capture the magnificence of such a wonderful museum.
on 1 September 2015
I was quite disappointed by this book as the entries just aren't particularly interesting or illuminating - the National Gallery equivalent book is so much more lively and fascinating.
on 5 May 2015
I was looking for a more comprehensive list of exhibits, especially for the section of European paintings. However this is a guide book and as such it delivers.
on 15 May 2016
Invaluable and beautifully illustrated guide to this fantastic museum
on 15 July 2016
A lot of detail. A bit dry
on 10 July 2014
Very good. No problems at all.