Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now

on 28 April 2008
A good, thorough exposition of Christ's Sermon from Matthew's Gospel chapters 5 to 7. John Stott writes in a similar fashion to the way he preached, that is, clear, structured and easy to follow. Further, lots of the teaching here will be easily retained.
Stott expounds the familiar passages from the sermon, such as Christians being the `salt' and `light' of the world. He also tackles more difficult topics such as divorce and the Christian's relationships to members of their families and society at large. This is no dry, dull exegesis. There is lots of practical guidance for Christians in a non-Christian society.
The book comes complete with a study guide, which will be useful for Bible study groups or personal study. This book is part of the excellent Bible Speaks Today series, and I can highly recommend it.
on 1 June 2001
The best thing for me about this book was I could read it as book not a heavy theological tone. In particular Stott grounds his theological observations in practical living in 2001. I thoroughly enjoyed it and passed it on to a stranger on a train before I could finish it, hence I am now buying my second copy.
on 20 November 2012
I bought John Stott's "The Message of Sermon on the Mount" to replace a copy I bought many years ago which was falling apart. It's a book I've read many times and keep coming back to and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to understand more clearly this very important passage in Matthew's Gospel.
on 19 February 2014
our home group of 10 take it in turns to unpack a chapter and invite comments. most books have something in them about which you haven't thought before. this was good.
on 21 November 2015
Lloyd Jones is a Christian Classic and is far better - and gives continuous knock out blows chapter after chapter !
on 14 February 2015
looks just as I expected from John Stott - great
on 5 November 2014
Excellent book as described
on 9 May 2010
Product had 2 torn pages. Turns out a friend who also ordered the book also had 2 torn pages and he returned the book to yourselves.
I had an original copy of the book and photostated the missing pages, inserting them to the new book.