Customer reviews

on 9 June 2005
This book was a great surprise to me and has been extremely useful in my course. Gives detailed studies, researches and sociological/medical opinions on the media including television and magazines, and how this influences body image in men and woman alike, however i would see it tends to focus more on women. The book is also categorised into different sections which makes finding the relevant information a lot easier. I would recommend this book for anyone studying media and its impact.
on 15 November 2011
With the work produced in USA and Australia on male body dissatisfaction I was hoping for a more balanced coverage of how the media affects the body image of both men and women.

Being a psychology student whose interest is body image specifically in men, I bought this book to help my research for my final year project. Some throw away comments are made relating to men which gave me pause for thought but almost immediately the focus went straight back to women.

I can't criticise the book though because it is a fantastic read for anyone. The kind of coherent book that is technical enough for academics but is easily accessible to anyone interested in the subject. Just don't expect too much information of how the media influences male body image.
on 22 August 2016
A great reference book for art students studying the effect of the female body on men. Any further suggestions for books to read for this subject?
on 12 May 2014
This book still had the library ticket inside, had writing throughout and writing underlined and highlighted within!!

It had the library number still on the spine and the book looked fairly worn.
Disappointed! :_(((..... I have bought books in better condition from charity shops and paid a lot less!!!