Customer reviews

on 12 August 2008
Rosie has done it again! Managing to write another fab novel yet in the style of Catherine Cookson.
The Story has been written in such a way that you do not really need to read Cookson's Mallen Streak,Girl and Litter but to get an idea of the background, the character's and most important the reason for the bitterness between Constance and Sarah towards Anna then read away.
Rosie follows two story lines. One is the happenings between Ben and Hannah and how the Mallen curse still reins causing tragedy in the family, the other is following the secret of the books title. Not wanting to spoil it but this shows Rosie at her best as this story line is filled with more twists and turns! The book is a fantastic read, following Catherine's style and thought process as the novels climax is something very fitting and very 'Catherine' Just like all of Rosie's book's it is a page turner and you will not want to put it down.
on 6 October 2017
Only just received this book so unable to comment on the story. the condition of the book is good.
on 9 January 2016
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the one's I normally read from Rosie Goodwin but that's maybe because it's similar to Catherine Cookson's style of writing. That's just my personal opinion though.
on 22 October 2017
great
on 25 March 2015
Not very good to many characters in the beginning of this book therefore it was confusing disappointed with Rosie not one of her best
on 25 May 2015
Another great book, I could almost believe it was a Catherine Cookson.
on 1 October 2012
As usual, my wife found this book by Rosie Goodwin a terrific read - she can never get enough of Goodwin's books but I fear there may not be many more unread on your list
on 28 September 2007
I would just like to say what a fantastic read! I have just read mallen secret and yet again I was bowled over by rosie! what an excellent book, a real tear jerker. Try as I might I could not bring myslef to put the book down. My partner had to prise it from my fingers!! when I did put it down it did not matter where I had finished reading as its so brilliant I could not wait to pick it back up again to see what happened next. Rosie this book is a credit to you and I cannot wait for the next book!!
on 28 September 2007
I am a a big fan of Catherine Cookson. I've read everything she has written. I've just read Rosie's book The Mallen Secret and I can truthfully say without a doubt that Rosie has captured it perfectly and I would mark it 10 out of 10 if I could. WELL DONE Rosie More please.
on 10 August 2007
have just read mallen secret,another great book from rosie, and what a tear jerker, could not put the book down,but when i did, it did not matter where you finished reading you could not wait to pick it back up again to see what happened next.