Customer reviews

on 7 April 2008
I have said before that cookson is not up to much when it comes to `follow ons` - but here is the exception to the rule. You have to read all 3 and you have to read them in order. You won`t be able to put them down i promise. I loved these and they are probably her best known books.
on 19 August 2013
I read the Mallen Streak first and then went straight on to read The Mallen Girl. Will download the last of the three books tonight so I can go on to read it.
on 16 October 2013
I really enjoyed this trilogy, the only thing I found quite hard was remembering who was who to who lol! I nearly thought about doing a family tree or something to assist!!
I recommend this trilogy, I enjoy Catherine Cookson books having recently got into them, and I found this trilogy really enjyable an I really liked how she was able to change the perspective from one character to another and change your thoughts and feelings.
I recommend reading these books and found it hard to put down at times!
on 24 November 2013
A good Catherine Cookson story. Second of three parts, all are very good. Nice easy reading, good for a holiday.
on 3 January 2013
I read almost every Catherine Cookson book as a teenager and recently decided to read the Mallen trilogy again. I enjoyed it thoroughly. The characters are well constructed and their (sometimes dark) thoughts and motives well told.
on 11 March 2013
i just love catherine cookson books & this is another one i cannot put down. i loved the dvd as well. i recommend this series as one of her best, she really knows her part of the world & its people.
on 11 May 2012
Great to be able to download the Mallen series onto my Kindle -its always at my side I saw the Mallen series on TV many ears ago and I am enjoying reading these classics by Catherine Cookson
on 30 May 2014
I followed the 'Mallen' series when it appeared on T.V. a number of years ago, so I thought I would read the book to refresh my mind of the story and am thoroughly enjoying the read.
on 9 August 2013
Great set of books by Catherine Cookson, she really knows how to keep you interested. Also so easy to read on the Kindle Fire HD
Janet
on 4 January 2014
I loved this book. It demonstrates perfectly what made Catherine Cookson so popular: that her emphasis was always on telling a good tale.