on 5 March 1999
My eye doctor told me I suffered from macular degeneration and I would gradually lose a good deal of my eye sight. He said there is no treatment for the condition that he was aware of. This book offers a natural alternative to losing vision. The book is based on fairly substantial research. The book gives you a detailed program of proper food and nutritional supplements that have been successful in halting the progression of this problem and even reversing its degenerative eye-sight robbing effects. I've started the program. While it's too early to report improvement at least I now have hope of improving my condition. The book is written for the lay person and is very easy to read yet packed with information.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 October 2010
The Macular Degeneration Handbook: Natural Ways to Prevent & Reverse It
I found the book to be a 'bit cranky' It's very good describing what Macular Degeneration is, but the ways to prevent/reverse the condition is just all about taking vitamins and eating healthily.
Things that would apply equally to any condition, ie eat healthily take vitamins etc etc, all a bit 'health freakish'
So it's a thumbs down for me, don't waste your money, just live a healthy lifestyle, make sure you have your recommended intake of vitamins and cross your fingers
on 29 December 2013
The quality was disappointing.It was difficult to turn the pages,they were so closely glued or whatever.Had a glanc through it and didn't find anything I didn't already know.
on 29 December 2014
Bought as a present. Delivered as stated and beautifully packaged.
on 15 November 2014