Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 February 2017
Zac Efron (as Logan), and Taylor Schilling (as Beth) seemed tailor-made (excuse the pun) for this film.
It requires them to be made for each other, and their acting certainly conveys that.

Logan is a Marine returning from 3 Iraq tours, during which he had found the picture of a woman, and he believed that she had kept him safe when others were not so lucky. So he sets off in search of her to say thank you.

He finds her, but doesn’t actually tell her why exactly he has entered her life, and those of her son Ben (Riley Thomas Stewart), and her mother Ellie (Blythe Danner).

Nana sees the signs and manages to give advice without directly giving it, and Ben quickly takes a liking to Logan.
Ben’s real dad is Beth’s ‘ex’, and the local Sheriff called Keith Clayton (Jay R Ferguson). He doesn’t take kindly to the growing relationship between her and Logan.

Zac and Taylor were particularly well cast in my opinion, but Blythe Danner and Jay R Ferguson gave good performances too.

The drama with Ben at the end, (and where it leads) is a little predictable though.
And, as a dog lover, I can’t believe that the film makers allowed Logan to walk away forever without taking his dog Zeus with him!
on 4 March 2017
Firstly, I don't understand people who say Efron can't act; the scene where Logan is explaining how he found the picture was fantastic. Bought a tear or two to my eye - a very rare occurrence for me!

The film is fantastic. Are there some plot contrivences? Sure... Do I care? No. People seem to expect films, games and books etc to be flawless these days. This is not a flawless film, and there are a lot of over-used plot elements, but that stuff is simply a backdrop onto which a deeper message is written. As for what that message is? Well, you'll need to find that out for yourself, as I can't tell you what you "should" take from the film.

All in all, thoroughly recommended.
on 2 March 2017
A chance find on Amazon Prime - lovely film. Not a new theme - boy meets girl and wins her round in the end - but a really lovely film to make you laugh, maybe cry and definitely smile - gorgeous scenery, tasteful love scenes. I would definitely watch it again
on 19 March 2016
After reading the book and watching other Nicholas Sparks film adaptations, I knew what to expect with this - and it delivered. Very similar to other films (Dear John, PS I love you etc), it was enjoyable - and of course, with Zac Efron, it was very easy to watch. This was an impusle buy, but I'm glad I bought this.
on 26 April 2017
This story really gripped me from start to finish. The storyline is so beautiful, there were many tears falling down my cheek. I have to say I totally loved it.
on 15 May 2017
I had never seen anything with Zac Efron in before and thought of him as a teenage girl's heart throb, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought his acting was superb and he was very easy on the eye! Beautiful photography of the scenery. The perfect escapism.
on 1 April 2017
Wasn't expecting too much when i first watched this, but was more than pleasantly surprised with how much i enjoyed this film.
Such a great film with some really natural and believable characters that deliver a feel-good story. Some stunning shots of the location and scenery accompanied by amazing songs and musical scores, loved it!
on 1 March 2017
beautifully written, great actors, really touching
on 22 June 2016
i first saw zac efron in high school musical and i must admit he didn't stand out, but in this movie he has captured the role so well. how he feels separate from his family because of what he has been through and how he starts to let new people and places into his life. loved every minute.
on 26 March 2017
Good.movie. don't really like the way Zac Efron act however that's my personal opinion.