Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 17 December 2000
This book was about a girl called Charlie,who did a project for school on the Victorians.Then things started to change,and she found that her life was simalar to Lottie's[the girl she made up].It was very funny too.I think it would be good for anyone aged 9-12.
on 13 June 2002
The Lottie Project is a another fun book by award winning Jacqueline Wilson with more funny illustratings by Nick Sharratt.
Charlie (Charlotte) starts a new term at school with a new teacher-Miss Beckworth- and is immediatly annoyed as she has to sit next to a whimpy boy, Jamie Edwards. So when Jo, her teenage Mum, loses her job their lovely flat and lives are in jepordy. Mean while Lottie's(Lottie being Charlies Victorian school project)life is not going well as she has started a new job as a nursury maid, looking after 3 spoilt children, Victor (oldest), Lousia, Freddie (baby).
When Jo starts a new cleaning job for weedy Mark and weedy Robin, Charlie gets ultra annoyed especially when Jo falls in love the measley pair, Charlie turns her back on all if them back on all of them and surprisly finds comfort in boring Jamie Edwards and moody Miss Bckworth. During the next few weeks Charlie persuades herself and little Robin that Mark and Jo are going to run off together so Robin does a runna. Mean while little Freddie runs away from Lottie whislt in the park and cannot be found. So together (yet in different time periods) Charlie and Lottie both pray for the lost childrens safety.
This book is great, a funny jet touching story which over 8's would enjoy. It is writen in the same, funny way as all Jacqueline Wilsons other succeses. It was a great read so I awarded it 5/5!!!
on 8 October 2008
I'm 8 years old and i think this book is the best book in the whole wide world
and if you have a child who is 7 years old for her 8th birthday get
The Lottie Project.
on 30 August 2004
Charlie (real name Charlotte) is an eleven year-old girl. At school she has to do a project on the Victorians, so she decides to write a diary of an imaginary Victorian girl the same age as her, Lottie (real name Charlotte). The book switches between Charlie's life and Lottie's diary.
Lottie has a really hard life. She has to become a servant to support her family. She is bossed around by everyone and is always hungry and tired.
What did I like about this book? Well, it's a Jacqueline Wilson book! This means it's very realistic. The characters are real people in real situations. You see things through Charlie's eyes but Charlie is not as clever as she thinks she is and doesn't always realise what's going on. In other people's books, all the plot threads are tied up and everything is settled by the end. That doesn't happen with JW's books - I always find that when I have finished the book I still have questions about the characters and what happens next. She is writing for children but I think most authors writing books for adults could learn a lot from her. This book is particulary clever because of the way Lottie's life mirrors Charlie's.
on 21 April 2014
Wow! This book is EXCELLENT! So worth the money. Now here's the plot:
Charlotte (in this book mostly known as Charlie) has to do a project about the Victorians. So instead of doing a project on a big piece of card and telling people about what inventions they used etc etc etc,for her project she wrote sort of a diary about a nursery maid and her name is Lottie…

In this book there are two chapters in a row with the same
title. Say for example Seaside and Seaside. That's because one chapter is about Charlie and her life and the next one is a diary entry for Lottie.

Great value for money. And I've just discovered that my auntie (who is 22) read Jacqueline Wilson books when she was small and she read every single one that was out when she was small and she said to me "Have you read the Lottie project? It's absolutely super", and that's the only reason I bought it and I'm glad I've bought it because it's SUPER!!!!!!!!!

I would definitely recommend .
10/10

I hope you will find my review helpful!
on 3 August 2001
I got this book for Christmas and didn't put it down until Easter, even though by that time I'd finished it fifty times! In one way, it's like all of the other Jacqueline Wilson books, because the rating I have to give it is 6 out of 5, but it's unique, none of the others are anywhere near similar. In this, Charlie has to do a project on the Victorians and decides to do it her own way. She keeps a diary of a nursery maid called Lottie, as well as dealing with problems in her own life. Don't miss it!
on 13 January 2008
The Lottie Project is about Charlie's history project.

At school the boys tease Charlie and call her Cake because Charlotte Alice Katherine Enright and her initials are C.A.K.E. so you now know why she is teased. Furthermore, she is called carrot cake because she had ginger hair. Charlie is looking at something in a book when a photo of a look alike is spotted. Charlie decides to write a diary about the life of Lottie which is based on fact but mainly the journal is fictional. Lottie has a big but very poor family and has to leave to help pay for things for her underprivileged family. While Charlie and Jo, her mum and her live in a comfortable flat until mums job is finished. She struggles with her new jobs and is in trouble...

I would rate this book 9.5/10 and I think this book is suitable for 9 - 13 year olds. Over all I think this is a good book which you should definitely read!
on 2 June 2014
I love this book it is amazing I loved the way it said what had happened in Charlie's life and the switch to Lottie the Victorian girl Charlie had made for this school project and Lottie her life is just the same as Charlie.
on 26 January 2015
Why can't I give it more than five stars??!!?! Perfect!!!
I 💜 this book and it think that it is one of the best that Jacqueline Wilson has ever writyen. Suitable for ages 9+ because it is a little bit rude but otherwise awesome.
Epic Me😊
on 19 August 2015
I decided to re-read this book for the last few days and I was in utter awe of it. This is a book that although I had read it before several times, I had failed to remember key parts of the plot which made it even more exciting for re-reading. Whenever I am re-reading books, I have to remind myself that I am not the target audience so I mustn't be biased towards the book.

For young readers and teenagers, this book is another one that Jacqueline Wilson has successfully allowed each character to make you think of someone you know. Also, the structure of it (one chapter being Charlie's diary and another being her Victorian made-up character for her project, Lottie's, diary) is very convincing and allows you to see how things are similar in feelings between the two time periods, however other things are much different. If I was younger, I would have rated this book as five stars, however because I have ventured out to older authors recently, I will only give this a four out of five rating.