Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 June 2017
From other reviews there seems to be controversy if this story is true but regardless it's a good read. This is the story of a group of prisoners escaping from a camp in Siberia and their long walk to civilization. I was gripped. I don't know much about the soviet war but this was a good introduction.
on 20 May 2017
An excellent and interesting read, recommended by a friend. Difficult to put down even well after midnight.
I have many books waiting to be read but this one jumped to the head of the queue and proved worthy of its special place.
An incredible true story of survival against all odds.
on 30 March 2016
Got the incredible film on blu ray with a great cast of characters, acting, photography & soundtrack. Now reading the book which is hard to put down and want it to last almost as long as the actual trek to freedom.

Really surprised when I found the film just off chance. Can't remember it on the cinema run? Deserves more recognition than it has if you ask me?
on 23 April 2017
I brought this as a gift for my father so I don't know personally but he did say it's a very good read!
on 30 May 2017
Very interesting as my Grandad was Polish and held in Siberia before returning to the polish army but unknown by what means but walked a long way. He said once, yo his daughter at 16, if u want to know the story of the polish prisoners read this book, my man is now 68.
on 15 March 2017
Great
on 5 March 2017
Good read.
on 14 June 2013
This is a true story, you wont believe what these people went through and what they accomplished. It is utterly staggering. If I can give one bit of advice, there is a film of this story avoid it like the plague!!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse