on 6 September 1999
Having never owned a computer before, I bought every book I could find about iMacs and Macs in general. What a waste of money! Robin Williams' book is the only one I or anyone needs! It not only is comprehensive, but is easy to understand and to use. I particularly enjoy the way she uses real- world analogies to explain what a hard disk is or what memory is. I really believe that Apple should endorse this as the "Official Apple Handbook," enclose it with every iMac they sell and give everybody a big break, after all, Jeff Goldblum's charisma and Steve Jobs' Nehru jacket only take you so far. Buy this book before any of the others pretending to teach you iMac or Mac. PS: I got a strawberry.
on 21 August 1999
To the person who asked if this book works for the iMac, yes it does.
I am new to Mac, but an experienced Wintel user. I found the book was very useful. I especially enjoyed the section on customizing the Apple menu. I like the author's casual style and I have to say that it was great to read a computer guide written by a woman.
on 16 April 1999
I teach Macintosh based design courses, and this is (and has been for the past five years) the standard textbook for my classes. It offers Mac beginners the definitions for all of the "geek speak" terms in language that everyone can understand. It explains how the computer works and offers easy to read text and pictures. Even for advanced users, you will be surprised to dicover the true meaning of the icons and acronyms you have been using all of these years.
on 10 December 1998
I have bought three editions of The Little Mac Book over the years, and I learn something new every time I pick it up. It's a great gift idea for a new Mac user, as well as long-time owners. We Mac people are very loyal, and Robin Williams is certainly a very favorite of mine! It's almost like talking to a old friend.
on 31 January 2007
Ignore the hopelessly outdated description and review above. This is for OS X, not 8.6 or 9.1. After getting as bloated as a copy of Microsoft Word the Little Mac Book has been on a diet and is all the better for it. If you're new to OS X then this is just the book for you. (But if you're simply upgrading from 10.3 look elsewhere - perhaps towards The Missing Manual.)
on 19 June 1998
The Mac, unlike Win-doze machines, feels and operates as if it were almost human. But even human-like machines need friends. That's what Robin Williams is to both the Mac and the novice computer user when the latter opens the informative and fun THE LITTLE MAC BOOK. The author may be a Mac guru, but it's her ability to translate the most confusing concepts and tasks into tasty morsels of information, complete with humor and insight, that makes her book an invaluable aid to anyone booting up a Mac for the first time. Users who posses the basics shouldn't despair that this book isn't for them. They will find a wealth of computing gems, tips, and tricks in this delicious, and deliciously funny, guide to the best computer in the world.
on 2 August 2009
This book was not what I've been expected to be. I thought it was meant to be for people who know their way into computers. As I discovered it is meant for children or people that generally never touched a computer before. It helped me a little that is why I don't give it a bad review.
on 2 June 2010
Basically if you are new to Apple iMACs or MAC Books then this book 'The Little MAC Book' is a must have for beginners, l purchased this book for my mum who is not computer literate and is now coming on in leaps and bounds because of this book!

N. C. Edwards
on 25 April 2012
It is a reference type of book which is very difficult to use. The main problem is that many of the explanation are greyed out and hard to read.
on 11 December 2014
Excellent for those new to Mac.