Customer reviews

1,127
Format: Paperback|Change

on 28 August 2016
I love John Grisham and read a lot of his books . This is the first one Iv read for ages because I feel he lost his touch a while back and I moved on to other authors ..
I'd rate this book as ok , it took me quite some time to actually finish it which usually means it's not great otherwise I would finish it in a couple of days .
Iv read better Grisham books but Iv also forced myself through others !
The storyline is quite good and the characters are ok but I just couldn't really invest in them .
It's worth the couple of pounds kindle price and is an easy read , hence why I could read some then not pick it up again for weeks ..
on 5 July 2017
I wasn't sure if I'd like this I don't know having read and absolutely loved the rainmaker I should have been licking my lips in anticipation but yet I wasn't anyway I decided to crack on and read telling myself remember you loved previous books by him this story was utterly breathtaking the characters are amazing davids dad sounded a liked as family member of mine Rochelle was brilliant wally and oscar great guys not without their own personal troubles put the storyline together and john grisham once again just Lull's you into this magnificent book no qualms easily merited and well deserved 5 star rating from me
on 9 May 2016
NO SPOILER REVIEW.

I haven't read a Grisham novel for years, I felt that they were becoming a little formulaic. I thought I would give this one a shot though as I fancied a quick easy read. l didn't really read it that quickly though, mainly because it just didn't leave me wanting more. The story is OK, the characters OK. There was just not enough action or excitement. I remember reading The Pelican Brief 10 years or more ago and really enjoying it. This is just no comparison to that sort of book.By the end i was skimming paragraphs just to find out what was going to happen.

This book is a bit like easy listening music.
on 11 June 2016
This does not compare with the early Grisham novels, which were heart-stoppingly exciting. Eventually began skipping through pages in the hopes of getting somewhere in the story. I found the characters unbelievable and the ending equally so. I think this author has run his course for me.
on 11 March 2017
Never entirely serious, The Litigators still has few hard edges, not to mention some terrific courthouse scenes.

The plot features a pair of Keystone Kops-type small-town lawyers, who listen out for ambulance sirens. They are joined by a young hotshot who's just quit as a corporate lawyer and gets reluctantly drawn into a mass tort case far above the firm's experience. The denouement is admirably neat.

Time with this book is time well spent indeed.
on 21 May 2016
I have read and John Grisham books before and enjoyed them. I struggled to read this story. I kept on with it, but finally gave up about 1/3 the way through. To me, the story had no substance, was not interesting and was not going anywhere. Very disappointed.
I went off John Grisham a few years ago when he started writing 'political statement' novels, as do quite a few other successful writers.
Anyway, as this was 99p I thought I'd give it a go. A brilliant novel, full of humour with a detailed picture of how the litigation system works in the USA.
on 20 June 2016
Wonderful read of two attorneys who seem to have the misfortune of becoming partners. They joined by a third, equally lost attorney. The backgrounds of each main character was well written and painted a clear picture of who they are and how each character evolves in this book. A well paced read that gains momentum with each kindle page flick. I struggled putting it down.
on 6 June 2017
Really enjoyed this book. A very easy read with a nice story. Nothing spectacular in it but good does triumph over bad, ambulance chasing lawyers see the error of their ways and perhaps readers might understand why lawyers enjoy their job - not the money it's the helping people. Would recommend.
on 17 May 2017
As always, John Grisham writes a thrilling book. I had to read at every spare moment as I couldn't wait to hear the next part of the story. I also find the legal jargon interesting to follow.