on 17 May 2016
... I bought this box, because in the product information there is written, there would be German audio on the blu rays. I was really disappointed, when I unpacked the blu rays, and saw there was no German audio on them. Sending the blu rays back to uk would be too expensive.
But it is still a great box of three great movies, it just does not match the product information.
review imagereview image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 September 2015
The Lion King:

Never seen The Lion King before buying the DVD, only really wanted to watch it as friends kept nagging me to.

But really glad i took the chance on it, while yes, it does start pretty sad and at one point i even shed a tear, the second half is so funny, so heart-warming, so uplifting, that it more than makes up for the start of the film.

Will I be watching it again? Yes, 100%.

-----

The Lion King 2:

Didn't enjoy the 2nd Lion King as much as the first, and truth be told I got bored in places. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not saying it's bad, or a awful film, it's just not as good as the first, for me.

The film centers on Simba and Nala's daughter Kiara, who falls in love with Kovu, a male rogue lion from a banished pride that was once loyal to Simba's evil uncle, Scar. Separated by Simba's prejudice against the banished pride and a vindictive plot planned by Kovu's mother, Kiara and Kovu struggle to unite their estranged prides and be together.

Most of the original cast returned to their roles from the first film, apart from Rowan Atkinson, who was replaced by Edward Hibbert as the voice of Zazu for this film and its prequel.

----

The Lion King 3

Out of the 3 Lion King films this one is by far my favourite, just because I totally love Timon and Pumbaa, but then again, who doesn't.

Hakuna Matata is the 3rd & final installment in the Lion King trilogy. The film is a prequel/parallel to The Lion King, and focuses on Timon and Pumbaa before, during and after the events of the original film.

The original cast returns to re-voice their parts, save for a few exceptions: Rowan Atkinson (the original voice of Zazu) was replaced by Edward Hibbert; Jonathan Taylor Thomas (originally Young Simba) is replaced by Matt Weinberg; and James Earl Jones and Jeremy Irons (Mufasa and Scar respectively) did not reprise their roles.
on 16 December 2015
As a small child, my eldest daughter watched The Lion King over and over again and cried every single time at exactly the same point in the movie. As our family grew, the original DVD became scratched and was no longer useable. I decided to purchase this set for the same daughter to watch with her toddler sister and both of them have spent hours bonding over it. It is a truly wonderful collection and it brings back so many memories for my husband and me when we hear our eldest and youngest singing the songs together and chatting about their favourite and least favourite parts of each movie...
on 1 February 2016
The best Disney film in existence followed by two other pretty good films. The sequels have been criticised a lot, particularly after the success of the original film, however I think they are all great! Number three (or one and a half) is particularly funny, and a lot less 'scary' for sensitive children than the first two are.
on 25 August 2017
3rd dvd is faulty keeps freezing. 2nd dvd keeps not playing during film.only first dvd works. No way of contacting seller
on 25 June 2012
This is an excellent box set and although it's a dvd box set rather than the bluray, it's worth the money... most bluray players will upscale quite well (obviously not as clear as a bluray, but darn close!).

Watching Lion King (movie 1) is fantastic and for a small price you get all three editions... perfect for you, your mum and the kids! (what more can I say?!)

Box itself is rather special, although cardboard it has a lovely well built construction and design. (slides half way down the box).

3 x disks (dvd) for the price of 1 (bluray), and don't forget this cartoon movie was created before blurays came about.

Enjoy!
on 30 November 2011
I will keep this short as everyone knows just how much of a classic The Lion King is and I havent met a soul who didnt love it as a child. Whether you like the two sequels or not it is nice to have the full collection in one very smart-looking boxset and on blu-ray to boot. Great set and well worth the price - I look forward to crying all over again!
on 9 June 2015
Bought this set for our daughter and it's not a disappointment at all.. Love all three films and to find them in a good box set like this I'm so very happy.. Our daughter seems to like watching it as well so even more happy with it as it was mainly bought for her!!
on 1 September 2016
My daughters favourite film. We used to have it on video but obviously now VCR's are almost obsolete. So for a stocking Christmas present I added this in for her on DVD, even if she was 21!
on 5 November 2016
Who can say anything bad about this. Glad to have the set.😁😁😁