Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 30 August 2014
Great but all as promised, recommended
on 12 August 2013
If you've seen this production of The Lion King on stage either in Broadway or the West End or on a tour then I would definitely recommend you buy this CD if you liked the show. It has all the songs from the show (including one that was in the show originally but has been cut, called "The Morning Report"). I always buy the CD for musicals that I have enjoyed so that I can listen to the music to remember the show, that way the enjoyment can continue long after you've seen the show. My favourite song is "They Live In You".

This version also includes a DVD, with a half an hour long documentary showing behind the scenes of the show in London. I watched this the day after seeing the show, I found it very interesting but it would have been nicer if it was a bit longer. If it was sold as a standalone DVD you would be disappointed but as it stands it's a welcome bonus to what is already a worthwhile purchase.
on 31 May 2012
This recording is excellent and the additional DVD
describing how the production is put together is
facinating.It is a real eye opener of the details the production team and the cast address to produce
such a fantastic show.
on 12 August 2011
Great reminder of the London show. There are slightly different songs but many are the same. Really enjoy listening to it.
on 31 January 2013
After seeing the show we wanted something to give to our grandaughter to keep and play as a momento.
Just what we wanted.
on 2 February 2013
This album takes you right back to the show, all the atmosphere and emotion comes flooding back. A great buy!
on 31 January 2015
All the songs from the very successful film and phenomenal stage show, so that everyone can sing along. Worth having if you like CDs of show tunes this is for you.. Hakuna Matata!
on 14 March 2014
I bought this as a gift after going to see the Lion King in London with family. The gift was well received and has been listened to many times.
on 26 March 2016
Hello everyone!
I just made my dream come true and I went to see this fantastic show yesterday; however I couldn't buy the DVD there ( I had already bought a lot of memorabilia) so though I am almost sure this is the same DVD they were selling there I just wanted to make sure it is...
Thank you! :)
on 27 April 2016
Really enjoyed listening to theses songs again and again after my visit to the show in London. I love the song 'Shadaowland' which is not in the Disney film. There is some other extra music too.