Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 July 2002
This is the translation, with comment, of Patanjali's Yoga sutras. The commentary is by the Tibetan and also incorporates other translations when the clarity given is of use.
In these sutras Patanjali is dealing with the soul, explaining how we can receive the higher mind and soul light. There is the very clear outline of the 'means' of soul attainment which are based around adopting an attitude of harmlessness, yet active harmlessness, rather than being affraid or avoiding things. For me this book clarified things alot, I had a basic esoteric understanding of, 'the path' but this makes everything exact and precise. There is also the explaination of the effects that should come eventually from development so as to prepare and make ready our awareness. I would recommend this translation as it comes with much clarity enabling greater understanding of the original text.
Eventually the teaching is pointing towards the 'isolated unity' or detachment from the many form, through the realisation of the One Spirit or soul in all. It manages to be very exact about this and has been and will continue to be of much benifit to me.