Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 27 April 2017
A Great yarn if you understand the life of flight crew.
on 2 October 2012
Read both books in a few days, looking forward to the third just in time before I go away at Christmas. At one point I was 'kindling' at work (sneakily) and burst into fits of laughter, so much so I had to stop reading. Couldn't wait to get home to continue. That said there are quite a few poignant moments too. I have friends in the aviation industry and some of the tales they've shared with me would make your toes curl and I can certainly relate to many parts of this book.

I hope the third book is longer as I have a 10 hour flight looming and eagerly await the next chapter in this fab series.

Female Aviation Addict
on 3 October 2012
When things go bad they go really bad.......! This book is less about flying and more the ups and downs of a middle aged man with all the struggles of working away, relationships and family. It is written in a way where despite the failings of many it's hard not to like the people mentioned and feel a warmth towards them. I look forwards to book 3
on 24 July 2012
This was best described as a very very good read! Funny, accurate and, at times very insightful (is that a real word?)
JT is of a younger generation as is my son who operates Airbus (You don't actually FLY an Airbus!) but my own experiences as a left seater on BAC1-11s at the start of the package holiday thing match JT's pretty closely.
Looking forward to more!

For some reason this review is being credited to my wife. I am ALLEN Murray. Not ANNE. Listen to me Amazon!!
on 24 September 2014
I read mixed reviews on this book, and having worked in the airline industry, I can only give it 5 stars.

The story gives an insight into what life is REALLY like to be a low cost pilot. The first book covered more of the technical aspect, this one covers life.
I read it in two days as i couldn't put it down, frequently laughed out loud and am just starting the next one! Hilarious!!!
on 13 November 2012
A little short perhaps, but an excellent light-hearted read.
I take my wife to a "Ladies Grooming Establishment" once a fortnight and this book (reserved for this occasion) has made it not only bearable, but actually a pleasure for a few weeks.
I even find that I am so distracted, I can drink the complimentary mud/coffee without throwing up!
Can't wait for the next one...
on 29 January 2016
What I like about this book is what I like about the author. Her manner in which she tells the story. Namely, the words flow. Have you ever been waiting for someone to end a sentence? Get you ever confused and skipped reading? Well, this author only did it twice to me. In her first Reilly book she attempted to explain how airplanes fly, but crashed. In this second book she discredited Reilly into a Mr Bean onboard A320 he was in command. The reason I keep on reading still outweighs the other two. The author is brilliant in setting the scene. She would easily shrink any textbook to a single page, and a students still pass the exams (well, except aerodynamics). And when I was reading the other book by the author, "Pushing Glamour", by mistake, I felt myself inside the woman's mind first time in my life. That was interesting and educative, though in some sex scenes it was too much for me, as a man. To finish it, it is hard to find any more articulate writer to learn proper English, so I will keep reading O'Neil and set her four full stars.
on 4 March 2016
I actually couldn't put it down and it was an enjoyable read, giving a few laughs while I work in the mind-numbing boredom of Saudi Arabia. The spattering of expletives and romantic disappointment are all things that blokes can relate to.
However, I was rather hoping for more aviation related stories, rather than a narrative of the author's love life and, though absorbing and sadly humorous at times, left me feeling a bit ......swindled.
I was going to go for the 3rd installment but the reviews on that appear to be more negative. Still.......compared to what I've got here, maybe even a cheap joke is better than no joke at all.
on 16 June 2013
Can't wait for the next instalment of captain Reilly's up and down career .
Will he or won't he with the trolley dolly ????.
on 31 October 2013
Enjoyed 'Life of Reilly 1' but this becomes a very sad list of the personal disasters engulfing 'Captain Reilly' which he blames on the unfeeling commercial airline business. I could not help feeling that most of the career problems of the character are of his own making - most of the childish flight-deck 'japes' that bring his downfall are not even funny.