on 24 November 2016
A truly excellent book for Leeds fans (and possibly football fans in general). Highly informative and a great trip down memory lane. Laugh out loud in places but tinged with sadness in others. I am a little young to properly remember the glory years in the early 70s but have fond memories of the Wilko years. This book bring home just how great that team was. Although it had a smattering of big stars, it was essentially a team of journeymen and home grown talent. Just a shame that one or two of the bigger characters (Batts!) were reluctant to talk about their achievements. I maybe a little bias but think this would probably make a great movie. Lets hope that some point in the future the current Leeds team can rise again...
One person found this helpful
on 26 December 2017
Pored over this book.

I lived a dream with L Utd from the days of Cliff Mason through to wilko and then lived the nightmare after that, but I was Leeds to the core. So this book was a brilliant read even though it made me sigh for what I saw on the pitch and in the press. Still, we survived and with a bit of luck can be great again.

Reading this made me realise how lucky I was.
on 6 April 2018
The most enjoyable book that I've read in a long while. Some great stories that I've not heard before which made compelling reading.
on 7 April 2015
I have just finished this book and I would definitely recommend to any Leeds fan. The book is full of information and is at times funny too. Its great to hear from members of the 91/92 squad and also the coaching staff and physio. Overall a really good book that's well worth buying.
on 8 December 2016
Great book for all football fans. Reveals a lot of interesting facts about the club and players. It really was an amazing achievement by Leeds.

Leeds Leeds Leeds
on 26 July 2015
A brilliant book for a Leeds fan, definitely recommended! I remember the title winning year well, but did wonder what became of a few of the ex players and management team. This book mixes some great nostalgia with recollections, anecdotes and an update on what they're up to now. Above all it reinforces what an achievement it was for the team and management, and how how much it still means to them. Read it in a couple of days, but it's a perfect book for dipping in and out of. Mel " The Flying Pig" Sterland's chapter is my favourite, but they're all great!
on 26 July 2015
Very well written book. A must for Leeds fans (MOT) & every one who remember when football used to be about pride & hard work rather than money.
One person found this helpful
on 3 February 2014
This is a wonderfully written quest to track down the players who won the last ever First Division title. It's funny and illuminating, full of human stories. Who knew David Batty had such hidden depths? I'm not a Leeds fan, but this is an exceptional book about a period of football that has been virtually erased from history. Post-Hillsborough, pre-Sky? Who knew there was such a thing?
3 people found this helpful
on 28 May 2015
A book about champions and some great stories from true winners. I'm a Leeds fan, born a bit late to appreciate this title win - but this book has made me appreciate both sets of title wins in Division Two and Division One.

It's a shame it begins and ends up reading like a tragedy - Leeds currently in the same position now in 2015 they were at the start of Wilco's 1988 reign began - languishing in the second tier.

Now, where's David Batty?
on 3 November 2017
This book gives a real human insight into a great triumph achieved by players giving more than it was supposed they could - and what could be more human, more uplifting than that?