Format: DVD|Change

on 16 November 2001
This cartoon always manages to bring tears to my eyes whenever I watch it! The sad beginning and cleverly composed music makes it so emotional! The story is well written and the characters are unforgettable. This is the best "Land Before Time" film out of the dozen sequels out there...a definite must-have.
on 4 February 2007
I remember watching about 6 land before time movies when i was around the age of 9. They were very addictive/fun to watch and always brightened up my day when watching them. The land before time is one of those movies that makes you absolutely reserved when seeing them and it also shows you the friendship along the way, when watching them. I also enjoyed singing along to the wonderful songs sang by the character dinosaurs.
It's become a special movie to me and when you watch them you will see why! Even though i am older now, probably wouldn't ever have the same feeling as when i watched them in my younger years, but i will always see these as being a childhood memory and will probably like them for the rest of my life (even though they are more childrens movies).
I highly reccomend any parent to buy these for their kids as it will most likely keep them occupied for hours!
The stories are wonderful, will most likely make you eager to see the whole series!
I also find myself crying when seeing these now as some of the series are quite sad.
I still have the videos of these and probably will never get rid of them as theyre just so good! Even though they are set for younger ones.
on 30 December 2013
The picture shows a digitally remastered one. The one that arrived, in a different case, wasn't. It was not even the correct aspect ration for a new style TV and wouldn't alter. The quality was poor. Amazon absolutely fine about a refund, without even requiring to see the the DVD. I'm hoping the trilogy version is better so that I can replace.
on 17 April 2016
I love this did although it always makes me cry, four year old grandson loves it too. I remember watching this with my daughter when she was younger it's one of this videos that never goes out of date.
on 6 August 2000
I'm a bit surprised that there is only one single review of this film. At least it is rated with the maximum number of stars: 5. Every lower rating would be - well, let's even say - wrong, because every normal child will want to see this film several times: the animation is as parents like it to be for their children, the tale about little dinosaurs is sweet in its details on the one side, but also exciting on the other, and additionally the children may learn what it means to have friends.
on 30 April 2014
the best of all the series,and a song to give hope to all in times of sadness or loneliness,as 5 little dinosaurs are cut off from there families ,they make a journey followed ny sharptooth (t.rex) whos after them if I tell you more it will spoil your and your childrens enjoyment.recommend this
on 30 June 2005
I am now 36 years of age and I used to live in London, though born elsewhere. I had never seen it before. I first saw The Land Before Time in December 1994, just before my 1st Christmas as a wife. My husband was away on business abroad and I was flicking channels on TV. Came across this movie, which I watched but failed to register its title. It is so moving and like many others, I cried so much watching it. It is also entertaining and I particularly liked Littlefoot's best friend because it reminded me of what best friends are there for. I came across it again the next Christmas and the next. It became a tradition for me ever year until I left England. Now, I want it to continue to be part of who I am. It's a wonderful movie which teaches values, love and friendship. A must buy!
on 9 May 2009
Lucas and Bluth had a winner with this movie, I guess that's why it spawned 13 sequels. Though, this one is the original and best.
In my opinion, The Land Before Time is a classic masterpiece, and one of my own childhood favourites. 'Yup, yup, yup!'
on 6 December 2013
I loved this movie as a kid, it was amazing then and its amazing now. I cried a few time during it and then I was laughing then crying again. But that is a good sign of how fantastic the movie is. All kids should watch this.
on 24 November 2013
A classic movie given to my 4 year old niece who has enjoyed it again and again. Great for her mother when she needs to quickly do some housework and keep my niece preoccupied! Not too scary for her either