Customer reviews

on 14 February 2014
Good story with a useful message, Great illustrations. Text well placed in relation to pictures & easy to read. A great book.
on 13 December 2010
Saw this book on bookaboo. it is such a nice story about a wolf who eventually chooses lentil soup over eating his lamb friend. Really nice
on 26 March 2013
We (son and I) saw Meatloaf's wonderfully dramatic reading of The Lamb who came for Dinner on Bookaboo and knew we had to have it!

At first the wolf can't wait to eat the lamb, but eventually the wolfs desire to eat the lamb gives way to confusion once the lamb starts showing him affection and it's all very entertaining. Also the illustrations are so beautifully drawn and expressive that they practically tell the story by themselves.

We love the story of how the hungry wolf falls for the innocent little lamb and ends up wanting to care for it, rather than stick it in a hot pot. A favorite!
on 3 November 2009
this book is one of the best childrens books I have encountered. My son is a book lover and I spend many hours reading a variety of mediocre books but this was a real pleasure to read. It is both humourous and endearing - a top recommendation
on 6 January 2010
I have read this for our library storytime! Lovely book and illustrations. Love it soooooo much have bought it for my own collection!!!!
on 27 December 2009
This is a fantastic book, the pictures beautiful, the text well written and currently being used by Key Stage 1 Teachers all over to base a unit of work upon!
on 7 December 2013
This is the 3rd one I have purchased because my grandchildren loved it so much and I have nieces and nephews who are now the correct age. I would predict age 3 to 8. It is a sweet story about a cold little lamb arriving at the door of a very hungry wolf about to eat vegetable stew through lack of meat. of course it is welcomed inside and the story unfolds predictably. With good wolfy voices and gentle little lamb utters i have kept my grandchildren spellbound on numerous occasions. they never tire of the tale as with most of Smallman's books.
on 4 November 2013
One of the funniest young children's books I've read for a while. I think it would appeal to both boys and girls equally, and I have to admit I found it hilarious too, as an adult. I don't want to quote from it as it would spoil the dramatic effect when reading it! I observed it used in a lesson for Year 1/2 to great effect and was immediately inspired to buy two copies, one for my young niece, and one for me to add to my collection of children's books for use in school.
on 29 December 2009
Such an enjoyable book - the ultimate insult in our house (said by big brother to little brother) is: "you are just a hotpot"!
on 26 November 2014
Quite a sweet book for a three year old-and great for older kids-However the concept of being eaten by a wolf is a bit overplayed for this age group. Whenever she is scared of something- eg going downstairs by herself in the morning- it is because she does not want to be eaten by a wolf. I hadn't thought about the impact of the story on a child and have stopped reading it to her for now.