Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tom Chaplin Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 9 May 2017
Lots of inspiring patterns, well illustrated and clear instructions. I have already knitted one design and I'm looking forward to doing more
on 4 January 2008
I bought this book and have read it through several times over - the pictures and swatches of other yarn selections and suggestions for mixing yarns is fabulous. However, when I came to knit my first item (the mittens using DK yarn double strand) I found the book to be very American in terminology and the material produced on the needle size suggested was too tight and therefore hard. I had to refer to a different book to knit my mittens. There are great references to actual yarns used at the back of the book, and very useful breakdowns of amounts for projects and maybe more research of these would have helped me to make a better yarn choice. If you are looking for a springboard of ideas though, look no further as this is a truly inspirational book.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 29 December 2007
Really nice colourful, easy to follow book.

The patterns are for really lovely scarves,hats etc that do end up looking smart and 'shop bought'. Nothing in the book is 'granny' clothing. It's great to have been able to knock up something in the fashionable colours of the season! No matter how quickly the colour trends change!

On the downside - the book is in American knitting jargon, which can be quite confusing if you're not used to it, and a couple of the minor techniques are poorly explained. However you can always just type the term in YouTube and you'll get a nice demonstration video.

A really nice knitting book. Inspiring without being complicated.
on 24 January 2013
I've knitted the cable poncho from page 98 out of this now, and while it is gorgeous, there is a mistake in the pattern which led to the first section I knitted turning out completely wrong before I undid it and began again. Very frustrating. I thought when I read it that it didn't sound right, as there are 3 'panels' in this pattern, repeated until the middle panel has been done 6 times. The middle (B) panel consists of 18 rows, while panel A has 6. A is repeated 3 times for every repetition of B. Panel C however only has 5 rows printed in the book. I thought this odd as it made the maths uneven, however I'm a beginner knitter and trusted the book. I shouldn't have!!!! If you are knitting this pattern note that panels A and C are actually identical and C should have 6 rows, they have missed the 6th row out!!!!!! I have written it in beneath 5 so I don't forget it. The poncho itself is gorgeous now it's done, but it is a shame this mistake was made and this was the first design I tried. Other than that I like it, the America isms aren't difficult to get around most are obvious and if not just google! Other designs are lovely although quite similar and nothing mind blowing. For a beginner like myself however, or someone who just wants easy knits, it's great.
on 20 September 2017
Really disappointed with this book. If I'd seen it in a shop and flicked through it I wouldn't have bought it. There's nothing to set it apart from the many other books on accessories that are available.
on 6 June 2011
My mother had this book and having had a flick through her copy I ordered for myself. The layout is clear and the patterns are virutally all things that I intend to knit as gifts and for myself. The instructions are clear and unlike many books, this book tells you only the weight of yarn to use (DK, aran , chunky) so you can choose wools you like or better still use the yarn you have stockpiled all over the house. I particularly like that many patterns use double strands of finer wools or chunkier wools meaning that things knit up relatively quickly ( and painlessly).

I love it and will be buying it for my knitting friends for their birthdays this year.
on 20 December 2010
I bough the book for my wife. These are her notes. The book is good, but the instructions are not as clear as they could be. Be careful as some American terms are not the same as British ones. Overcome that and you should be OK. It's not a Bible though - if Bible means 'complete encyclopedia on knitting'.'Bible' is an exaggeration in this case.
on 15 January 2013
I bought this book after borrowing it from the library because I wanted to knit most of the items in it. The patterns are not madly complicated but they have a certain attitude which to me seems modern, attractive and practical.
on 7 April 2013
Very useful book with kniiting techniques and good selection of patterns to suit all ages and tastes. A good buy
on 9 September 2013
Got so much knitting I want to do, I can't decide what I want to knit out of this book. Clear instructions, easy to follow.