Customer reviews

on 9 April 2017
Actual 3.5 Stars.

Warning - this review will be slightly spoilery if you haven't read the other books in this series yet.

Lots of filler in this one which I had a tendency to skim BUT I love that the romance became more steady and I LOVE Aiden - he is incredible. Keatyn takes some of the control back, but her actions weren't well thought out and the consequences were terrible. I'm still struggling to accept the stalker storyline as wholly credible but I'm just going with the flow now. B is an ass and if she ends up with him I'll scream. He is such a mass of contradictions - telling the world he loves her and then saying he's with someone else? I have never wanted to punch a fictional boy in the nuts as much as I want to punch him. Please don't let her end up with him but I'm terrified that's what is going to happen because otherwise, I don't really understand why he continues to play a part in the story. Damian is awesome and I really want him and Peyton to get their HEA.

That ended was awesome even if it about killed me. My heart is shredded and it brought a tear to my eye, but I love how selfless Keatyn has become.

On to the last book.
Oh wow, this series gets better and better. I can't wait for the final book but at the same time I will be so sad to see the series end!!!

Hate Me continues with Keatyn's story after she returns from St Croix with Aiden and Peyton. Damian has said his farewells to Peyton but their relationship is set to continue but will it be safe for Peyton to be linked publicly to Damian or will it put both her and Keatyn in jeopardy?

Keatyn is torn between returning to school and disappearing but she is convinced that, at least in the short-term, school is the best option for her, or is it?

Vincent is still scheming but Keatyn decides that she has had enough and takes matters into he own hands and together with Cooper they plot to take the advantage from his grasp.

Aiden is still being the dream (unofficial) boyfriend to Keatyn and their story continues with the "will they or won't they" throughout this book. Any scene involving Keatyn and Aiden is steamy and full of passion but they continue to come across much older than they are portrayed. Why are scenes involving pool tables so blinkin HOT?!!!

"I can't promise you forever, Aiden." "I've never asked you to promise me forever, Boots," he says, the hint of a smirk playing on his lips. "Just promise me tomorrow."

I love the twists and turns throughout this book and the power and control Keatyn develops in her attempt to reclaim her life. You can't help but become immersed in this storyline and you can almost feel and see Vincent's emotions as Keatyn twists and turns the knife into him for a change.

As expected whenever Keatyn, Dallas and Riley are together you can't help but laugh hysterically and I couldn't finish this review without a Dallas-ism:

"If you rub it three times my genie will pop out."

This book is the penultimate story in the series and ends on the inevitable cliffie. I can't wait to see how this story wraps up especially given the shocking ending to Hate Me.

Reviewed on behalf of Jezabell Girl & Friends....
on 10 April 2014
Hate Me (Keatyn Chronicles #5) by Jillian Dodd
5 IFLY stars!!!

"It means we're going to survive the kiln, too. No matter how high the heat."

I have to say, this is my favourite of the series so far and that is saying something. I have always tried to justify reading this series to myself, as being 40 I should be past reading about high school antics and teenagers, but I am seriously addicted to this series. I had a crap time at school, really really bad, the victim of bullies, my school life was hell, so I missed out on all the fun and frolics, so I live vicariously through Keatyn in this series and live the school life I feel that I should have had. That is the beauty of the series, you are never too old!

A lot happens in this book and as much as I would love to spill the beans, I can't; seriously, it would spoil it too much. But the biggest development in this book is Keatyn herself. She really grows up; she takes charge of her life and of her destiny and the fate of her family. She is selfless in this book and everyone comes before her, even her friends, a far cry from the slightly selfish Keatyn that we first encountered in Stalk Me. Keatyn has got to the point of fight or flight in this book, but knowing how ballsy our Keatyn is she chooses the fight option. Coming up with plans to draw Vincent out into the open, hoping to fluster him to the point that he makes mistakes, Keatyn puts her own life on the line to put her cunning plan into motion. Certain people are there for her and others she thought she could rely on fail her but she has a trusty team on her side, none more so than Grandpa. Gah, I love this man #teamGrandpa.

"Glad to see I taught you well. Just remember, any idiot can poke a rattlesnake with a stick, but a wise man knows exactly how long that stick is."¨

Everyone knows I am a staunch "Team Aiden" fan and those that are will not be disappointed, well maybe a little ;-). He really pulls out all the stops in this book, he swoons, he romances, he is just so darn perfect and you do feel the chemistry between them radiate off the page. Maybe I am setting myself up for a huge fall and bitter disappointment but I truly hope that Keatyn's HEA is with Aiden. Their connection is not just physical, it is emotional, and I feel that they are soul mates, ying and yang. For the first time Aiden's thoughts and feelings are poured into this book and it was beautiful to read. Even the "Team B" people must feel that Aiden really comes into his own in this book. Whilst I appreciate you never forget your first love, the type of connection that these two have is one of those once in a lifetime ones. I love that these two have not really delved into the physical side of their relationship; they are concentrating on building the foundations. Keatyn has never approached a relationship like this and it is this that is another sign of her growth and maturity. These two really begin to gel as a couple and even though Keatyn's secrets are not out in the open, Keatyn takes the approach that if they were truly meant to be, then when the real truth is finally revealed, he would understand and they would still be together. Even though the truth may hurt Aiden in the first instance, I feel positive that he will understand Keatyn's reasoning and her necessity to protect those closest to her. At the end of the day, in a roundabout way, she has revealed the truth to him and knowing how intelligent Aiden is, I am sure he will re-group, connect the dots and stand by her side, at least I hope so.

"And does this kiss ever speak. It's a kiss that's more emotional than it is sexual. It's a kiss that says all our fighting, all our misunderstandings, our lack of communication, all the hurt feelings, were worth it¡ its emotion mixed with desire. And I decide that might be the most powerful combination of all."

Brooklyn, well, I couldn't help but feel even more detached from him than I did before in this book. He may come up with plans, ideas and be Keatyn's sounding board, but I feel that he never seems to follow through, none more so in this book. He still wants to be the best that he can be and follow his dreams, leaving Keatyn to find and fight her own, that is no bad thing, but I just felt he was pulling away in this book. Absence doesn't seem to be making the heart grow fonder with these two. Keatyn is seeing a different side to Brooklyn, but I do feel that this is maybe Jillian's way of making us think one thing and then she will hit us with something totally different. She is clever like that as we all know. She may be the queen of words, she has this knack of saying one thing that you can read in a certain way and think you are 100% correct, but then when the book comes out it means something totally different, yet she hasn't actually told a fib!

Aiden is willing to change everything to be with Keatyn, some may say that is not a good thing, but it shows his devotion and commitment. I just hope in my heart of hearts that he is her HEA, although with a forever evolving script will her HEA be with her moonboy; for sure in this book the script is continuously changing so will this reflect on Keatyn's life too?

"It's what love is supposed to be. Scary, exhilarating - from the top of the world to the pits of hell - all-consuming love."

"As long as we're in each other's hearts, we don't ever have to label our relationship."

As usual we have all the usual "hotties" in this book, there is a lot of fun and you can't help but laugh at what the crazy gang get up to. I love Riley in this book, he is really coming into his own and to me he really stood out from the other characters. The girls are no different and we still have Whitney trying to convince us that leopards do change their spots; we all know that they don't though!

I can't wait for August for Get Me, however, this will also be bittersweet as it will be the end, I know we are going to have spin offs but this will be Keatyn's final book and I for one am not sure I am ready to let her go.

"Hottie God: ifly <3
Me: Are you telling me you're fly? LOL
Hottie God: I totally am, but no. ifly = I effing love you
Me: Oh :) Well, then, ifly too <3"

Once again Jillian, a fab read with twists and turns galore, totally and utterly loved it and as I said, my favourite one of the series so far.
on 25 April 2014
Wow! Where do I start??

This...book...is...BRILLIANT! No, swipe that, it's AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT! The story just gets better and better!

I don't want to spoil it for anyone by telling you what happens in this book, but I will just say it's jam packed with action scenes and swoon worthy moments that'll keep you glued!

Keatyn's character has really grown throughout the series and this is very evident in `Hate me'. I seriously love this girl - strong, independent, caring, brave...the list goes on! GREAT character. In fact, all the characters are brilliant in this series and I think that's probably why these books are so successful (well, I think so anyway). Where we've followed them through six books now I generally feel like I know them all and can picture them as real people acting out the scenes from the book! - I need to get a life right? Haha.

I really can't put into words how brilliant this book is...well, the whole series actually! Before `Hate me' was released we had a family grievance and I lost all interest in the things I love, including reading. The long awaited release date and Jillian's amazing writing skills has brought me out of my little bubble and I finally have the reading bug again! :) I can't believe we have to wait four months for the last instalment though! And that ending...eugh! August can't come soon enough!
on 16 April 2014
I can't believe the author left it like she did, i need more.
Another great book that left me wanting to have keatyns life.
If you are contemplating reading this book series DO IT.
I love the way she started fighting back finally and all the secrets that are slowly adding up( i am dieing for everyone to know and see there reactions!!! bring on August!!
on 20 April 2014
BUY THIS BOOK AND YOU WILL NEVER NEED TO BUY A BOOK AGAIN! (well, unless its the 6th jillian dodd one!)

this YA book is for, well i'd say ages from 16-60! its quite realistic and totally beliveable.th whole series is amazing!

just remember the key fact:
YOUR LIFE WILL NEVER BE COMPLEATE WITHOUT READING THE JILLIAN DODDBOOKS!!!!
on 13 April 2014
After reading all of the books so far I would say by far this one is my favourite. I had to read it from cover to cover immediately after purchasing. I would recommend this book/ series to those looking for a new addiction. It had a lot of great scenes and i think others would love this series/book!
on 12 April 2014
So good but so bad. Why???? Jillian Dodd has written another formidable book. I hate the ending but have to find out what happens next! It draws you in so carefully giving nothing away until the last second, you think you know what happens next but you don't, and you won't like it. I warned you.
on 21 April 2014
I have loved this series so much, they are a can't-put-down kind of book.
I can't wait for come and get me. Jillian is an amazing writer and I don't want these books to finish.
They are all definatly worth the read.
If there were more stars this book would definatly get them
on 28 January 2015
I absolutely loved this book. Certain Characters change dramatically In this book and the ending is as drama filled as the books before in this series.
Team aiden all the way. This book is so good but so frustrating in a good way…
Anyway... you will never expect the ending.